Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Welcome New Riders And New Members (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/welcome-new-riders-new-members/)
-   -   Is my board to fast for me? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/welcome-new-riders-new-members/114633-my-board-fast-me.html)

ross1998 12-27-2013 04:42 PM

Is my board to fast for me?
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, went snowboarding first time last Saturday to crystal mountain wa and spent most of my day on the top half, the snow was soft and mountains where steep but it was pretty easy and fun for me ( those were steep slopes and lots of powder so I was riding sideways most of the time). After I decided to do some trails on the bottom half (it wasn't groomed but it was icy and hard packed). I was falling so much because I always gain to much speed pointing my board forward, the only way I could ride on those trails without going to much was going sideways. Is my board to fast for me?(the board was freshly waxed and edges sharpened). Also when going straight, sometimes I try turning and my board digs into snow and throws me down.

My board is a joyride board 154cm and burton customs bindings.

BurtonAvenger 12-27-2013 04:44 PM

A poor craftsman blames his tools. It's you.

ross1998 12-27-2013 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here Is another pic of my board.

bseracka 12-27-2013 04:52 PM

It's still you; you need to take some lessons and learn how to snowboard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross1998 (Post 1375353)
Hey guys, went snowboarding first time last Saturday to crystal mountain wa and spent most of my day on the top half, the snow was soft and mountains where steep but it was pretty easy and fun for me ( those were steep slopes and lots of powder so I was riding sideways most of the time). After I decided to do some trails on the bottom half (it wasn't groomed but it was icy and hard packed). I was falling so much because I always gain to much speed pointing my board forward, the only way I could ride on those trails without going to much was going sideways. Is my board to fast for me?(the board was freshly waxed and edges sharpened). Also when going straight, sometimes I try turning and my board digs into snow and throws me down.

My board is a joyride board 154cm and burton customs bindings.

FYI- you're not snowboarding if you're plowing sideways the whole time. i.e. plowing was really easy for me, but snowboarding was hard; I had fun though

ross1998 12-27-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 1375425)
It's still you; you need to take some lessons and learn how to snowboard.


FYI- you're not snowboarding if you're plowing sideways the whole time. i.e. plowing was really easy for me, but snowboarding was hard; I had fun though

So is it possible that my board is to fast for me? I can't go 20 meters straight without having to go sideways a little to knock speed off

tonicusa 12-27-2013 04:57 PM

The Joystick has a negative core profile so at speeds above 50 mph the nose will start to point downhill. If you aren't using carbonium wax or another friction based desiccant then the board will start to "talk back" as boarder cross racers say. The only way to get around this is to leave your board outside at night so the core temperature makes the wood fibers open up at the lower temperatures. Another trick is to fill your pockets with quarters, the little extra added weight will stabilize the board's traction at speed.

ross1998 12-27-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonicusa (Post 1375465)
The Joystick has a negative core profile so at speeds above 50 mph the nose will start to point downhill. If you aren't using carbonium wax or another friction based desiccant then the board will start to "talk back" as boarder cross racers say. The only way to get around this is to leave your board outside at night so the core temperature makes the wood fibers open up at the lower temperatures. Another trick is to fill your pockets with quarters, the little extra added weight will stabilize the board's traction at speed.

Lol I'm not talking about 50mph :) more like 15-20mph. I just feel like my board accelerates way to fast so I always riding sideways trying to kill speed.

kaborkian 12-27-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonicusa (Post 1375465)
The Joystick has a negative core profile so at speeds above 50 mph the nose will start to point downhill. If you aren't using carbonium wax or another friction based desiccant then the board will start to "talk back" as boarder cross racers say. The only way to get around this is to leave your board outside at night so the core temperature makes the wood fibers open up at the lower temperatures. Another trick is to fill your pockets with quarters, the little extra added weight will stabilize the board's traction at speed.

Could be his retro encabulator is improperly adjusted as well.

atr3yu 12-27-2013 05:08 PM

LESSONS!! Take them, you need them. When you point straight you are probably way in the back seat the board takes off and you feel no control. Take some fucking lessons or just stfu!

tonicusa 12-27-2013 05:09 PM

I was just busting your balls youngblood! The Joystick is a fun board, you're just learning to ride. I remember the exact phase you're going through. Keep charging, the whole point of downhill skiing and snowboarding is to let the board run and enjoy the little bit of fear and adrenaline. Also take a lesson if you enjoy and respect the sport. You will get so much out of it and fall more in love with riding. An older rider will pass his stoke and wisdom on to you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2