Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Welcome New Riders And New Members (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/welcome-new-riders-new-members/)
-   -   NS cobra board new bindings match (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/welcome-new-riders-new-members/139569-ns-cobra-board-new-bindings-match.html)

Tanker 05-01-2014 12:19 PM

NS cobra board new bindings match
 
Looking for new bindings to match with NS Cobra. I currently ride NS Proto HD with Ride Maestro bindings. I really like the Maestro bindings, but was looking for something else for this board. What I don't like are Burton and Union bindings. Have had both and didn't care for either, though I know several that will swear by them. Here's what I'm considering.

Ride Maestro
Salomon Hologram
Rome 390 boss or Targa

The weight of the binding is no concern to me. Comfort and just the right amount of flex/ stiffness does. Looking for suggestions based on experience with. I ride 80% mountain 20% park. Riding usually consists of looking for natural features to ride/pop off.

linvillegorge 05-01-2014 12:34 PM

I wouldn't buy the Holograms without demo'ing first. I think they're gonna be a love it or hate it thing.

I'm not a big fan of Ride and their aluminum baseplates, but if you already have a pair of Rides and like them, the Maestros should match the Cobra pretty well.

One binding you don't have listed that I'd throw into the mix is the Flux TT30.

d2cycles 05-01-2014 01:33 PM

I use Salomon Chiefs with my 161 Cobra and really like the combination.

flyingsquirrel 05-02-2014 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanker (Post 1703697)
Looking for new bindings to match with NS Cobra. I currently ride NS Proto HD with Ride Maestro bindings. I really like the Maestro bindings, but was looking for something else for this board. What I don't like are Burton and Union bindings. Have had both and didn't care for either, though I know several that will swear by them. Here's what I'm considering.

Ride Maestro
Salomon Hologram
Rome 390 boss or Targa

The weight of the binding is no concern to me. Comfort and just the right amount of flex/ stiffness does. Looking for suggestions based on experience with. I ride 80% mountain 20% park. Riding usually consists of looking for natural features to ride/pop off.


This is off topic, what urged you to purchase a COBRA after riding the PROTO?

The reason why I ask is I just purchased a PROTO HD last week, however I went back and forth between both COBRA and PROTO for weeks!

You'll have to let us know what your take on the differences are ;).

Mahalo

Tanker 05-03-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1703721)
I wouldn't buy the Holograms without demo'ing first. I think they're gonna be a love it or hate it thing.

I'm not a big fan of Ride and their aluminum baseplates, but if you already have a pair of Rides and like them, the Maestros should match the Cobra pretty well.

One binding you don't have listed that I'd throw into the mix is the Flux TT30.

Thanks, I was really unsure about the Holograms and was thinking the same thing, but I never considered the Flux bindings. Have you had experience with Flux? If so what would they compare to or how would you explain the ride

Bertieman 05-03-2014 05:27 PM

13'/14' Ride revolts -
ride revolt binding | eBay

There's a few colors/sizes for $140 or best offer. I picked mine up to pair with my never summer legacy for $130. You can get the ratchet system so tight it will cut off your circulation. They are also a medium/soft flex, which works great for all mountain riding for me.

blooh 05-03-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel (Post 1704473)
This is off topic, what urged you to purchase a COBRA after riding the PROTO?

The reason why I ask is I just purchased a PROTO HD last week, however I went back and forth between both COBRA and PROTO for weeks!

You'll have to let us know what your take on the differences are ;).

Mahalo

I too went back and forth on both those boards. I ended up with the Proto based on flex, true twin and I was finding myself in the park a little more often. I mainly rode my Gnu Billy Goat before getting the Proto. Now I'll probably sell the Gnu since I haven't touched it all year since riding the Proto. I bought the Cobra for $250 brand new at local shop clearancing out . I couldn't pass up the deal really only reason I ended up with it this year, but I wanted both now I have both. Kind of a board whore. Hope to get out on it next weekend

scotty100 05-03-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanker (Post 1703697)
Looking for new bindings to match with NS Cobra. I currently ride NS Proto HD with Ride Maestro bindings. I really like the Maestro bindings, but was looking for something else for this board. What I don't like are Burton and Union bindings. Have had both and didn't care for either, though I know several that will swear by them. Here's what I'm considering.

Ride Maestro
Salomon Hologram
Rome 390 boss or Targa

The weight of the binding is no concern to me. Comfort and just the right amount of flex/ stiffness does. Looking for suggestions based on experience with. I ride 80% mountain 20% park. Riding usually consists of looking for natural features to ride/pop off.

K2 formula will work.

F1EA 05-03-2014 09:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
If you already like the Maestro, try Capos. Only slightly stiffer highback, but because it's flat, you still have a lot of tip-tail freedom. The Maestro shouldnt be too different, but perhaps better suited to Proto, while the Capos to the Cobra.

I have the Capos on a similar board and i love them. I got them for a really good price too. They are very light and comfortable, have a very nice agile feeling for park and trees; yet nice and responsive for bombing. I do the same as you ~75% all mtn and 20-25% park.

For some reason the capos do have that "made in china" look, sort of like Rome. But they're good quality (opposed to Burton and Union, which appear of better quality).

SGboarder 05-03-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blooh (Post 1705193)
I too went back and forth on both those boards. I ended up with the Proto based on flex, true twin and I was finding myself in the park a little more often. I mainly rode my Gnu Billy Goat before getting the Proto. Now I'll probably sell the Gnu since I haven't touched it all year since riding the Proto. I bought the Cobra for $250 brand new at local shop clearancing out . I couldn't pass up the deal really only reason I ended up with it this year, but I wanted both now I have both. Kind of a board whore. Hope to get out on it next weekend

Interesting. I have/had two of those boards (the Cobra and the Billy Goat). Great price for the Cobra, but I would probably try sell it (rather than the Billy Goat) if I were you - seems to me that is offers nothing that is not already covered better by the combination of the Proto and the Billy Goat.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2