New Guy From Pennsylvania - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:46 AM
DrewP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
New Guy From Pennsylvania

Hey,

I just wanted to post and say hey. I just started snowboarding last year, only got to go about 4 times, but I loved it. I can't wait to go back out this year as much as possible. I'm from around the Pittsburgh area in PA. If anyone else is around there feel free to get at me.

-Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
baldylox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
Hey,

I just wanted to post and say hey. I just started snowboarding last year, only got to go about 4 times, but I loved it. I can't wait to go back out this year as much as possible. I'm from around the Pittsburgh area in PA. If anyone else is around there feel free to get at me.

-Drew
PENGUINS BLOW!!! GTFO HERE!!!

Just kidding.... Welcome!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
baldylox is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey... I'm in SW PA. Lemme know if you want to hit the slopes sometime.

Snow or sun, not rain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can ride the slopes with snow, the streets with sun, but rain just plain sucks.
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 09:46 PM
DrewP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Hey... I'm in SW PA. Lemme know if you want to hit the slopes sometime.
Where do you usually go?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 10:24 PM
PGH
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: like the username says
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
Where do you usually go?
what's up guys? im out in the south hills of pittsburgh. anytime you guys want to ride, hit me up. this is my first year with a season pass (7springs) so im trying to go as much as possible between work and school. im 22, but just started riding recently.
PGH is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
DrewP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I'll be home for a month from college (I'm 20 years old). So I'm going to try to go as much as possible. I usually go to 7 springs too. I'm down for people to ride with, as I only have 1 other friend who snowboards.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 PM
PGH
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: like the username says
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
I'll be home for a month from college (I'm 20 years old). So I'm going to try to go as much as possible. I usually go to 7 springs too. I'm down for people to ride with, as I only have 1 other friend who snowboards.
for sure, i started snowboarding after my friends that ride went out west to college, haha. so i've had to teach myself. but i noticed you play hockey. did you play anywhere besides high school? i spent my whole life playing hockey
PGH is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:19 PM
DrewP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH View Post
for sure, i started snowboarding after my friends that ride went out west to college, haha. so i've had to teach myself. but i noticed you play hockey. did you play anywhere besides high school? i spent my whole life playing hockey

I really only played for my high school. Never played juniors or anything. Now I play for fun on a club team at college (The Citadel) in South Carolina. Always just kinda played for fun.

What about you?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
Where do you usually go?
Seven Springs and the Wisp in Maryland. Neither one looks good at all so far. Seven Springs says they'll be open tommorow, but expect conditions to be horrible and only two runs to be open. It's too bad, because this time a view years ago they both had pipes built. And last year, the Wisp had a massie avalanche in November on the Face (black diamond).

I'll be at Seven Springs the 19th-20th with the gf. Depending how fast she picks it up- or wears out - I'll be looking to escape the bunny slope

Snow or sun, not rain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can ride the slopes with snow, the streets with sun, but rain just plain sucks.
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:17 PM
PGH
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: like the username says
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
I really only played for my high school. Never played juniors or anything. Now I play for fun on a club team at college (The Citadel) in South Carolina. Always just kinda played for fun.

What about you?
oh, right on. i played high school and amateurs out here, and then played juniors after high school. ironically i play soccer in college now, haha.
PGH is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome