Crazy from SA - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
RicSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Centurion, Pretoria, South Africa
Posts: 77
Default Crazy from SA

Well i am from South Africa, yeah crazy i know as we dont have much snow.

Yes 38, crazy i know as i am to old to start snowboarding.

Butt what the hell, life is about experiences, journeys and memories, so snowboarding here i come.

Had my first lesson on what is called a ski deck here in SA, a carpet water to provide some slip at a slope. I was almost dead, it was hectic hard, but they say if you can master the ski deck snow is much easier.

We have a ski resort, nothing compared to those in Europe or USA in Lesotho, and i hope to go boarding there in June if i can stand and balance.

Yeah, most probably to old to start but what the hell.
RicSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Sudden_Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa, On
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSA View Post
Well i am from South Africa, yeah crazy i know as we dont have much snow.

Yes 38, crazy i know as i am to old to start snowboarding.

Butt what the hell, life is about experiences, journeys and memories, so snowboarding here i come.

Had my first lesson on what is called a ski deck here in SA, a carpet water to provide some slip at a slope. I was almost dead, it was hectic hard, but they say if you can master the ski deck snow is much easier.

We have a ski resort, nothing compared to those in Europe or USA in Lesotho, and i hope to go boarding there in June if i can stand and balance.

Yeah, most probably to old to start but what the hell.
Welcome aboard and never too old to start.Would love to see some pics from that resort if you ever get the chance!
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
RicSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Centurion, Pretoria, South Africa
Posts: 77
Default

Thanks for the welcome SD,

I will post some pics after June when our first trip is done, but as i say not the type of resort you guys are used to, but still a place to go boarding.
RicSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Sudden_Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa, On
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSA View Post
Thanks for the welcome SD,

I will post some pics after June when our first trip is done, but as i say not the type of resort you guys are used to, but still a place to go boarding.
This is why I am quite interested to see it.It has been amazing watching this sport grow and spread around the world.It is always cool to see how things are done elsewhere.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Africa
Posts: 40
Default

Hey there RicSA

I've planned a trip to Lesotho for this year again, was supposed to go to France in Feb, but didn't work out($$$). I hope your boarding comes along well and that you enjoy your Lesotho trip.
marlo_df is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
RicSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Centurion, Pretoria, South Africa
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo_df View Post
Hey there RicSA

I've planned a trip to Lesotho for this year again, was supposed to go to France in Feb, but didn't work out($$$). I hope your boarding comes along well and that you enjoy your Lesotho trip.
Thanks man, cant wait, know its not going to be what we experienced in Italy, Cervinia this year, but at least close to home for a weekend.
RicSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Africa
Posts: 40
Default

Cool, how was Cervinia? I had looked at possibly going there as well, but got a bit nervous when looking at the piste maps, there seem to be many red runs, which my (new to snowsports) girlfriend would refuse to go down.

You will probably get a bit bored in Lesotho, but it's still better than not boarding at all. I've been itching for good terrain for 2 years now, but haven't managed to get away, had an awesome trip to Austria in 2008.
marlo_df is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
RicSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Centurion, Pretoria, South Africa
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo_df View Post
Cool, how was Cervinia? I had looked at possibly going there as well, but got a bit nervous when looking at the piste maps, there seem to be many red runs, which my (new to snowsports) girlfriend would refuse to go down.

You will probably get a bit bored in Lesotho, but it's still better than not boarding at all. I've been itching for good terrain for 2 years now, but haven't managed to get away, had an awesome trip to Austria in 2008.
Cervinia were brilliant, there is skiing almost right into the village, in the regions of about 350km worth of skiing if you include the side where you can ski into Zermatt Switzerland, i would say about 35% of the slopes are beginner, about 45% intermediate and the rest advanced.....As a beginner there are more than enough slopes to ski and enjoy without feeling intimidated.
RicSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums