Whats up, new from Idaho! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,228
Talking Whats up, new from Idaho!

Of course no matter how great my summer is going that irresistable urge to snowboard starts to set in. So to curb that i decided to join a snowboard forum! So just saying hi, my name is Mark and I live in Meridian (suburb of Boise) Idaho. Its mid july, so i assume when winter rolls around this place picks up big time?
__________________
If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,051
Blog Entries: 10
Default

Welcome to the forum! It definitely picks up more in winter.
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,228
Default

thanks for the welcome
__________________
If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
2011Stevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Nebraska
Posts: 20
Default

I'm new too and I know exactly what you mean by "the itch"! I just bought my first snowboard and snow gear so every day that I walk into my room I look at it and wish it was winter

I joined the forum for the exact same reason as you lol as for now, all I can do is just watch snowboarding videos on YouTube
__________________
Stance: Regular
Left Foot: 15+
Right Foot: 15-
Bindings: Burton Free Styles
Board: Ride Machete 164cm Wide 2011
2011Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Stevens View Post
I'm new too and I know exactly what you mean by "the itch"! I just bought my first snowboard and snow gear so every day that I walk into my room I look at it and wish it was winter

I joined the forum for the exact same reason as you lol as for now, all I can do is just watch snowboarding videos on YouTube
sir, i truly and honestly feel bad for you, being forced to snowboard in Nebraska. I just googled nebraska ski hills because i couldnt fathom that existing, and i see that you have 200 verticle ft, TWO HUNDRED!!! Come ski out west, you will never leave. But its great you love it enough to go roaming the internet for your snowboard fix in july. Just 4-5 more months to go
__________________
If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
2011Stevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Nebraska
Posts: 20
Default

Thank you for your empathy haha yea the closest thing we have to a mountain is Mount Crescent (I call it Crescent Hill) and it's a good place if you're barely beginning. It's only an hour away from where I'm going to college so it's not that bad. I'm going to practice buttering and riding goofy around there lol

As for snowboarding in the west, trust me I knowwww! I miss it so much the first time I went was 2 years ago at Breckinridge and I actually didn't get to use that mountain to the fullest extent because I just fell on my butt a lot. Then I went to Mount Crescent a couple times, and this past spring break I went to Steamboat and that was amazing. So this year we're going to try out Winter Park, CO and we rented a slope side condo! Plus I have my first new snowboard (No more stupid rental gear! ) so I am super pumped about this season!!! Ahhh just a few more months...

Oh and I saw something on YouTube that I took interest in... Since I live in a small town with a lot of country roads I'm going to try something to the effect of wake boarding except with a snowboard and SUV hahaha I'll use the ditches as ramps!
__________________
Stance: Regular
Left Foot: 15+
Right Foot: 15-
Bindings: Burton Free Styles
Board: Ride Machete 164cm Wide 2011
2011Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Stevens View Post

Oh and I saw something on YouTube that I took interest in... Since I live in a small town with a lot of country roads I'm going to try something to the effect of wake boarding except with a snowboard and SUV hahaha I'll use the ditches as ramps!
So in the winter your going to put a rope on the back of your car and get towed around the street? I could see how that could work for urban spots and rails, but for just riding around and carving? Lol i couldnt imagine that being fun for too long. Also wont that destroy your brand new snowboard
__________________
If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
2011Stevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Nebraska
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
So in the winter your going to put a rope on the back of your car and get towed around the street? I could see how that could work for urban spots and rails, but for just riding around and carving? Lol i couldnt imagine that being fun for too long. Also wont that destroy your brand new snowboard
Yea I was planning on doing that but now that you mention it, it might ruin my board... lol I'll try it out a few times and if it sucks then I'll try to ride some hills around town! But there's no rails around my place either
__________________
Stance: Regular
Left Foot: 15+
Right Foot: 15-
Bindings: Burton Free Styles
Board: Ride Machete 164cm Wide 2011
2011Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Milwaukee Suburbs
Posts: 2,982
Default

look into a banshee bungee. You can make some jib stuff in your yard and no need to have a hill.

I know what you mean about vertically challenged geography. Our hills aren't huge but it's what we have to ride.

Welcome both of you.
I've been watching my Snowboard Addiction videos and practicing my spins in the basement. This is how I get my fix. 101* here today not hot for some parts of the country but hot for my area. We haven't had triple digits in years.

Welcome
__________________
-I'm Slyder and I suffer from "Gummer Syndrome"
slyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
2011Stevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Nebraska
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
look into a banshee bungee. You can make some jib stuff in your yard and no need to have a hill.

I know what you mean about vertically challenged geography. Our hills aren't huge but it's what we have to ride.

Welcome both of you.
I've been watching my Snowboard Addiction videos and practicing my spins in the basement. This is how I get my fix. 101* here today not hot for some parts of the country but hot for my area. We haven't had triple digits in years.

Welcome
Yea it's a tough world out there for the avid snowboarder living on the flat lands...
haha and thanks for the welcoming us! I put on my snowboard today *I still have no boots :/* and jumped around my room lol I'll have to try doing 180's and 360's because I've never landed one I'm jealous of you because it constantly hits the triple digits here!

Also thanks for showing me the banshee thing! I'll have to see about the banshee thing because I don't have a big back yard and I don't fully understand how it works yet lol I'll search up on it later tonight
__________________
Stance: Regular
Left Foot: 15+
Right Foot: 15-
Bindings: Burton Free Styles
Board: Ride Machete 164cm Wide 2011
2011Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums