Introduce yourself - Page 184 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 40Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1831 of 2922 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 02:01 AM
Junior Member
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Surprise AZ
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerkat89 View Post
Posted a cute smile and all for us. Welcome Let's do you a favor and put you on something NOT Burton (although the Flying V is bad ass)
Hahaha! Well that picture was just taken last weekend and it was all I had readily available. My friend Lacee and I hit up Snowbowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Awesome! Before I moved up here to Mt Hood, I lived in Surprise. Ashton Ranch off Greenway and Reems Road. Learned to ride at Snowbowl and rode at Sunrise and Ski Valley at Mt Lemon. Still come back a couple times a year to hike and ride at my old haunts!
Damn! I literally live down the street like 2 miles in Surprise Farms on Greenway and 303.
Hit me up when you come back down and Ill ride with ya!
PBLRDom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1832 of 2922 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
noobie from NH

Hi All!!!! I'm new to snowboarding this year - LOVE it!!! I'm kinda old for it (mid-40's) but so much easier for me than skiing (tele the last year - I kind of plateaued). Loved skateboarding but a broken arm as a kid and last year tore some knee soft tissue (non-permanent) longboarding made me give that up for good.

Started with lessons last month and I'm now on to working tight turns on steeps (to me) and back to the bunny slope to practice switch... hope to learn tricks on the flats soon without killing myself...

Gotta say I just love doing helicopters down the edge of the run!!!!!

Gear: A bunch of Ride stuff I got cheap at REI online
Becca M is offline  
post #1833 of 2922 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca M View Post
Hi All!!!! I'm new to snowboarding this year - LOVE it!!! I'm kinda old for it (mid-40's) but so much easier for me than skiing (tele the last year - I kind of plateaued). Loved skateboarding but a broken arm as a kid and last year tore some knee soft tissue (non-permanent) longboarding made me give that up for good.

Started with lessons last month and I'm now on to working tight turns on steeps (to me) and back to the bunny slope to practice switch... hope to learn tricks on the flats soon without killing myself...

Gotta say I just love doing helicopters down the edge of the run!!!!!

Gear: A bunch of Ride stuff I got cheap at REI online
Welcome!

I've never been able to convince myself to get on a skateboard for longer than several feet - have witnessed my friends get too many bloody gashes and the sound of limbs cracking on asphalt is hard to shake Snowboarding was the obvious choice of the two. (But I was eyeing up those longboards just the other day...)

Hope you have fun this season!
EatRideSleep is offline  
post #1834 of 2922 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
Welcome!

I've never been able to convince myself to get on a skateboard for longer than several feet - have witnessed my friends get too many bloody gashes and the sound of limbs cracking on asphalt is hard to shake Snowboarding was the obvious choice of the two. (But I was eyeing up those longboards just the other day...)

Hope you have fun this season!
When you can bomb pavement at 30+ mph on a long board, Double Blacks and steeps become a lot easier
SnowOwl is offline  
post #1835 of 2922 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Member
 
arrrmaty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX, but grew up in Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Talking Veteran Snowboarder

I'm 28 and grew up in Colorado Springs, CO. My main mountain of riding was Keystone. I skiied for about 8 years and have now been boarding for 14 years. I taught snowboarding as a level 1 AASI certified snowboard instructor at Sundance Ski Resort for 4 seasons. I was a mountain rep for Nidecker snowboards for 2 years and I have 6 semi-professional sponsors. I love snowboarding more than pretty much anything else in the world. As a former instructor and current competitor I am all for the education and advancement of snowboarding

Last edited by arrrmaty; 01-10-2013 at 04:15 PM.
arrrmaty is offline  
post #1836 of 2922 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 41 and getting back into riding after a 7 year lay off.
tpanfil is offline  
post #1837 of 2922 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Older rider from down south

Hey all! I'm from Texas and love riding. As I am 40 years old, I am not in the group of riding rails, riding the super pipe, but I have not lost my love of being on the snow, and riding as fast as I can.

As I only have 5 years of riding, I do have my own gear. I ride a Never Summer Legacy board with Burton Mission bindings. I am looking to upgrade my boots and bindings either this year or next, but am interested in looking at what might be best, and not what the board shop would offer due to being on sale...

Thanks for allowing more "seasoned" riders to join the discussion!
Texan is offline  
post #1838 of 2922 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: flatland Cape Cod, Mass
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Peace from the NEast

HOWZIT?

36 yr old newb from Cape Cod MA. First year of riding. I rip a Burton Sherlock 157. Got the New England Pass to Loon, Sunday River and Sugarloaf. Usually do midweek day trips to Loon and extended trips to SR. Used to live and ski in VT. Still my favorite state of mind and being.

I'm super STOKED to be shredding and talking story with yall.

Also into surf, mountain bike and longboarding.

Last edited by free2bme; 01-07-2013 at 05:30 PM.
free2bme is offline  
post #1839 of 2922 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Member
 
arrrmaty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX, but grew up in Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Hey all! I'm from Texas and love riding. As I am 40 years old, I am not in the group of riding rails, riding the super pipe, but I have not lost my love of being on the snow, and riding as fast as I can.

As I only have 5 years of riding, I do have my own gear. I ride a Never Summer Legacy board with Burton Mission bindings. I am looking to upgrade my boots and bindings either this year or next, but am interested in looking at what might be best, and not what the board shop would offer due to being on sale...

Thanks for allowing more "seasoned" riders to join the discussion!
I would say it is definitely good to spend more money on your boots. How many times have you complained about your boots being uncomfortable or your feet being cold compared to the number of complaints you give to your board or bindings? If you're focused on how uncomfortable your feet are then you can't focus on the joys of snowboarding. I would recommend just going to a shop and trying on every brand of boot they have. Don't worry about brand name, just find the boot that is the most comfortable for YOUR foot. If your foot aches or has pressure points after only a few minutes, just think how bad that will be after a couple of hours! Since it sounds like you like to go fast, I would recommend a good stiff boot. If you want a softer boot then make sure to get a stiff binding to help with stability at higher speeds. Also, if you DO want to factor in brand, think about this- Who would you think makes a better boot? A shoe company like Nike, DC, or Vans who also makes snowboarding boots; or a snowboard company whose main purpose is building snowboards and bindings with boots almost as an afterthought? But try on a ton of them and pick what fits YOU the best.

Happy feet=happy day on the snow

Last edited by arrrmaty; 01-10-2013 at 04:15 PM.
arrrmaty is offline  
post #1840 of 2922 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UK transplant to CO

Moved to Broomfield, CO from the UK back in March. Fairly novice (esp. for a 32yr old!), but looking to change all that with my new proximity to the mountains!!

I ride an O-matic Awesome board with Ride EX bindings and am really hoping to get to improve my skills this season, maybe even venture properly into the terrian parks. I will mostly be spending time at Eldora as it is close and cheap, but hopefully can get up to the Summit County resorts as well. As a new import it would be good to meet some new faces.
CObrit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome