Introduce yourself - Page 213 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #2121 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
The Deacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 1,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvilstrkr View Post
Hi everyone!

My name is Tony. I have been snowboarding for 18 years. I ride primarily at a resort near the Canadian border in northern Minnesota. I'm a certified level II A.A.S.I. instructor. We get a lot of clients from the Mpls./St.Paul area and also Winnepeg, B.C.
I enjoy teaching people of all ages. You never know what they say or do.
Our resort is near a river so if it get's cold -we have snow!!!!!!!!!
Hope to meet new people on this forum.
Welcome! Is that Lutsen, or farther north?
__________________
Days out

Season Over. 23.
But they were great days.
The Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #2122 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Question Hello From the Queen City

Hey everyone my name is Heath and I'm from the Queen City Cincinnati, OH. I'm new on here and I'm hoping that I can find some information pertaining to a snowboard that I've been holding onto for years. Long story short, my dad used to work for this company as a design engineer making various displays for retail customers and one day he brought home this snowboard from work. This was back in the ohhh......I want to say mid-late 90's and I've been holding onto it ever since. It's made a lovely wall fixture in my bedroom over the years, but now I want to actually try and use it. I've searched around the web in hopes of finding some information about it, but can't find anything. Its a Full Tilt snowboard, but all I can find out about the company is that they are a ski boot manufacturer. Was this a new market the company tried to venture into back then and then quit? Was this just a prototype for the company? Did Full Tilt ever manufacture snowboards? Like I said, I've searched everywhere it seems and can't find anything about this snowboard I have. If anyone knows anything about it and could help me out I would greatly appreciate it I took some picks also and could post them on here if need be. Thanks in advance!
whodeyhooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #2123 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 10
Default

Deacon, That would be Giant's. Where do you ride?
anvilstrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #2124 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
The Deacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 1,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvilstrkr View Post
Deacon, That would be Giant's. Where do you ride?
Afton and troll. I live halfway in between them.
__________________
Days out

Season Over. 23.
But they were great days.
The Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #2125 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
The Deacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 1,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeyhooligan View Post
Hey everyone my name is Heath and I'm from the Queen City Cincinnati, OH. I'm new on here and I'm hoping that I can find some information pertaining to a snowboard that I've been holding onto for years. Long story short, my dad used to work for this company as a design engineer making various displays for retail customers and one day he brought home this snowboard from work. This was back in the ohhh......I want to say mid-late 90's and I've been holding onto it ever since. It's made a lovely wall fixture in my bedroom over the years, but now I want to actually try and use it. I've searched around the web in hopes of finding some information about it, but can't find anything. Its a Full Tilt snowboard, but all I can find out about the company is that they are a ski boot manufacturer. Was this a new market the company tried to venture into back then and then quit? Was this just a prototype for the company? Did Full Tilt ever manufacture snowboards? Like I said, I've searched everywhere it seems and can't find anything about this snowboard I have. If anyone knows anything about it and could help me out I would greatly appreciate it I took some picks also and could post them on here if need be. Thanks in advance!
Heath, if you didn't already, start a new thread and include some pics. There's a lot of folks on here that know their gear, or know where to find out.
__________________
Days out

Season Over. 23.
But they were great days.
The Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #2126 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Default

Hi everyone, my name is Chris. I live in Kentucky and do most of my riding in Snowshoe, WV. Can't wait for winter this year, just got a 157 lib tech t.rice pro c2 btw and haven't gotten to ride it yet.
summerscp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #2127 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
F1EA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 467
Default Hi everyone

Hey guys and gals,

New forumer here... i'm from the caribbean (Dominican Republic), but moved to sunny Vancouver BC about two yrs ago. Started snowboarding last season (mostly the local hills Cypress and Seymour). This year i have a Silver season for Cypress and will definitely be hitting Seymour and Whistler a few times as well; maybe even the interior.

I'm 36. I have skateboarded most of my life and been longboarding for a few years as well; so i guess snowboarding was pretty obvious thing to do. Was doing blue runs on my second day, and blacks on my 4th; but i'm taking it slow and hope to never catch on a toeside down a steep... I like nice powder runs (yes they're scarce around here, but i'd settle for Soft groomed) and hitting features along the way. Wanna learn some park, but i tore the ACL some yrs ago, so none o' that L or XL stuff...

That's it i think. See you around!
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #2128 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mammoth Lakes
Posts: 8
Default Intro

What's up!

Name's Paul. I'm brand new to the forum, but not new to snowboarding. I've been boarding for a little over ten years, but only recently have done what I consider "real" snowboarding - throwing myself off large rocks and things. I learned to snowboard in the mild & mellow hills of Western Pennsylvania, but now reside in Mammoth Lakes, California - home to Mammoth Mountain.

I also have a website that tries to be a simple guide to Mammoth Lakes. I'm a hotel front desk agent, and I'm always making suggestions and telling people about the area, so I decided to put it all down on a useful website for people visiting Mammoth. The website is Mammoth Mountain | A Destination for All Seasons

I also write a Mammoth Mountain Snow Report!
I'm looking forward to participating in this great forum!
Paul
__________________
Living the dream, I reside in Mammoth Lakes, CA where I run MammothTourism.com
MammothSnowBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #2129 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
purekarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago, Colorado, Mexico
Posts: 9
Default Hello Everyone!!

My name is Kyle, I am originally from the mid-west. I work for Woodman Labs (GoPro) and have been snowboarding for 3 years now. My G/F is a pro snowboarder and introduced me to the sport. All I can say is I am hooked now!

I am fortunate to be able to travel to different mountains and resorts all over the world. I would say my ability level is intermediate/advanced. Primarily I ride backcountry terrain. I learned to ride on a Burton Custom, and have recently been riding my custom made Kessler Ride with Diode bindings. At the end of last season I took a very nasty fall and shattered my humerus, tore my labrum, and dislocated my shoulder. Been rehabbing and training for 8 months and am ready to step it up this season.

I joined the forum here to talk with, meet, and listen to other riders who are having as much fun as me making some turns. Hope everyone has a great season!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_18270867779686.jpeg (60.5 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by purekarma; 12-05-2013 at 11:55 PM.
purekarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #2130 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
Hey guys and gals,

New forumer here... i'm from the caribbean (Dominican Republic), but moved to sunny Vancouver BC about two yrs ago.
Now we know you're a joker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purekarma View Post
I learned to ride on a Burton Custom, and have recently been riding my custom made Kessler Ride with Diode bindings.
Welcome! Still would like to try the Kessler...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums