New to snowboarding from CO - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cassienova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New to snowboarding from CO

Hello! My name is Cassie. I just started snowboarding this season at 30. I was a skier when I was a kid. My Dad has been skiing for as long as I can remember, he goes as many days of the season he possibly can. Now he is getting my boys in to it. They are 6 and 8 and have been taking boarding lessons up at Eldora. I've only been out two times, but I feel like I'm doing pretty well. And to tell you the truth, I'm in love with it! Right now I'm in the process of buying a board and getting myself and the kids a pass to Eldora for next season. I've lived in Colorado for the past six years and this is the first time I've hit the mountains... such a slacker.

I'd love to meet some new people and hear any tips you might have. Look forward to meeting you all!

Cassie
Cassienova is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Grandpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Cassie, welcome to a great sport and this forum.

I'm still learning myself but make sure to watch Snowolf's videos and check out the tips & tricks section. They really do help a lot. Just got back from Loveland myself and had a ball. My first time on a big hill.

I actually grew up East of Denver, college in Greeley, worked all over the front range before moving to MN in '85.
Grandpa is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member
 
MarshallV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is Eldora just going to be included on the EPIC pass or the local vail pass as well? Anyway, Welcome to forums!

Getting a friend, family or spouse to film you will help people analyze your riding, good for getting advice! It's worth the 200 bucks for that and the family memories!
MarshallV82 is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cassienova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
Is Eldora just going to be included on the EPIC pass or the local vail pass as well? Anyway, Welcome to forums!

Getting a friend, family or spouse to film you will help people analyze your riding, good for getting advice! It's worth the 200 bucks for that and the family memories!
I did actually! My dad has a go pro and he recorded all of my first two days. Haven't had a chance to look at most of it yet. But I'm hoping it helps me out.

I'm not sure if its included. At this point I can't afford the epic pass, I plan on getting the family pack of passes at eldora. I just need to find one other adult who wants a pass there. It's only 900 for 4 passes.. So 225 a piece. I can handle that.
Cassienova is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cassienova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Hi Cassie, welcome to a great sport and this forum.

I'm still learning myself but make sure to watch Snowolf's videos and check out the tips & tricks section. They really do help a lot. Just got back from Loveland myself and had a ball. My first time on a big hill.

I actually grew up East of Denver, college in Greeley, worked all over the front range before moving to MN in '85.
Thanks for the welcome! I lived in Greeley for a while.. I like Longmont much better. I'm excited to go to eldora.. My first two days were at lee canyon outside if Vegas, not the best snow. Actually it was very slushy. Can't wait for next season!
Cassienova is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome! Never been to Colorado in winter but I imagine its a great place to be if you fall in love with riding!
Are your boys snowboarding too or just skiing? At my home mountain passholders get a lot of perks like free demo days. If your mountain has offers like that you guys could switch it up one day...get your dad and boys on one plank and you can try out two for the day. That would be totally fun!
Anyway...enjoy yourself out there
EastCoastChris is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cassienova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastChris View Post
Welcome! Never been to Colorado in winter but I imagine its a great place to be if you fall in love with riding!
Are your boys snowboarding too or just skiing? At my home mountain passholders get a lot of perks like free demo days. If your mountain has offers like that you guys could switch it up one day...get your dad and boys on one plank and you can try out two for the day. That would be totally fun!
Anyway...enjoy yourself out there
Both the boys snowboard. They have skied but they've been taking snowboarding lessons. Thanks for the welcome!
Cassienova is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome