Amplid on the Forum - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Moving to the dark side...
 
Kevin137's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Drammen
Posts: 1,428
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Haha, that is funny, we are not THAT good over here, but they do produce some awesome kids, and we are hoping that Sebastian or Sneaky as he is known at his local slope will keep his enthusiasm up and get so much better...

Height 5"11, Weight 200-210lbs, Born 1969
Regular Stance, Ability NOT GOOD


2012/13 114 days
2013/14 102 days
2014/15 107 days


Rides

K2 Fastplant 154, Ride DH2 158, Endeavour Vice 155, Signal OG 155, NS Evo 157 (Stolen), Flow Quantum 155
Kevin137 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplid::: View Post
We'd be stoked to get you on some product next winter for sure Angry. Hit up team(at)amplid.com and we'll sort it out. Here's our 13/14 dealerbook so you can have a think about what you want to get your feet on.
I finished up the 2014 deck reviews months ago and won't be doing any more till 2015. I definitely want to get on some of your guys stuff though so expect an email for 2015.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Amplid:::'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Fischbachau, Germany
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I finished up the 2014 deck reviews months ago and won't be doing any more till 2015. I definitely want to get on some of your guys stuff though so expect an email for 2015.
We're happy to roll with whatever fits your schedule. It would be great to get you riding some decks in mid-winter conditions. Amplid has some insane shapes in the pipeline for 14/15 so getting some of those to you is 100%.

Amplid::: next level riding. Technologically advanced skis &
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
proudly manufactured in the Alps.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Amplid::: is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,231
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplid::: View Post
We're happy to roll with whatever fits your schedule. It would be great to get you riding some decks in mid-winter conditions. Amplid has some insane shapes in the pipeline for 14/15 so getting some of those to you is 100%.
I want to try your splitboard. Be sure to send one to BA.
killclimbz is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 12:35 PM
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,810
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
hahah just looked at your team page - i used to ride/film with Justin Norman a bit, that's dope he found a home with you guys. good kid.
ShredLife is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 02:19 PM
The Swiss Miss
 
neni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 5,033
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 4
...hmmm... that Creamer sounds interesting... nice narrow waist. Are you around somewhere at a demo day/box in Switzerland?


I really thought quicksand was going to be a much bigger issue in my life when I was little
neni is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
 
dreampow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kyoto Japan
Posts: 1,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like the look of the morning glory and the creamer.

Do you have any dealers here in Japan?

I'd be more than happy to do a Japow test/review on here if you have someone here that can supply a demo board for a few weeks.

Also I like the side shots that show the profile in your catalog. A side shot of the tip profile of the morning glory would be a bonus IMO.

In general I wish more dealers would include proper side profile shots. For buying a powder board the side view profile of the tip is perhaps the most important thing I want to see (not just hear a description of). Indeed for all boards I want to see it because any board I ride will see a lot of powder.

I want to be able to see the exact amount of rocker, where it starts, how smooth or sudden the upturn in the tips is etc etc.

Anyway I digress, I like the side profile shots in your catalog and would like to see more.
dreampow is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Amplid:::'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Fischbachau, Germany
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
hahah just looked at your team page - i used to ride/film with Justin Norman a bit, that's dope he found a home with you guys. good kid.
Yeah J-Norm is the man. Such a humble dude with a great style, tons of ability and a great work ethic. Did you catch when it was released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
...hmmm... that Creamer sounds interesting... nice narrow waist. Are you around somewhere at a demo day/box in Switzerland?
We're planning a really comprehensive demo tour this winter so keep an eye-out for the dates. Amplid might not have the biggest marketing budget but people are always stoked when they get to ride the boards so demos are a big focus for us over the next winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
I like the look of the morning glory and the creamer.

Do you have any dealers here in Japan?

I'd be more than happy to do a Japow test/review on here if you have someone here that can supply a demo board for a few weeks.

Also I like the side shots that show the profile in your catalog. A side shot of the tip profile of the morning glory would be a bonus IMO.

In general I wish more dealers would include proper side profile shots. For buying a powder board the side view profile of the tip is perhaps the most important thing I want to see (not just hear a description of). Indeed for all boards I want to see it because any board I ride will see a lot of powder.

I want to be able to see the exact amount of rocker, where it starts, how smooth or sudden the upturn in the tips is etc etc.

Anyway I digress, I like the side profile shots in your catalog and would like to see more.
Yep we have dealers in Japan. Best bet is to email Amplid's Japanese distributor kudo(at)beyond08.com... or info(at)amplid.com and we can get you details of our retailers. The Morning Glory is perfect for deep Hokkaido pow... the surface area of a 174cm and the agility of a 156cm in a 163cm. Unsinkable even on the flats and as nimble as it gets. Plus the stance is almost centered over the sidecut so it rides great on hardpack too. Thanks for the advice on the side profile images, we'll deinitely develop that moving forward. The product video for the Morning Glory which will be on the site in the next couple of months gives a really good look at the profile and particularly the cheeky camber under the back foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
I want to try your splitboard. Be sure to send one to BA.
We have one floating about the US for the Backcountry Mag test so I'll look into that for you.

Thanks for all the interest and questions!

Amplid::: next level riding. Technologically advanced skis &
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
proudly manufactured in the Alps.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Amplid::: is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 04:16 AM
The Swiss Miss
 
neni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 5,033
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplid::: View Post
We're planning a really comprehensive demo tour this winter so keep an eye-out for the dates. Amplid might not have the biggest marketing budget but people are always stoked when they get to ride the boards so demos are a big focus for us over the next winter.
Just recognized that you're one of the brands listed on the Saas Fee demo box. We'll spend some days on the glacier in October. Hope, the 166 Creamer will be around


I really thought quicksand was going to be a much bigger issue in my life when I was little
neni is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Senior Member
 
firlefranz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplid::: View Post
Yeah J-Norm is the man. Such a humble dude with a great style, tons of ability and a great work ethic. Did you catch when it was released?
What a smooth edit. This dude got style.
firlefranz is offline  
Reply

Tags
new member

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome