Intro - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Default Intro

Hey guys. New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I live in ohio and ride at bmbw and mad river. Spend about 3 weeks up in JHole every season along with a couple weeks in summit county. I'd love to meet up with some other members and ride sometime.
Gnarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fire on Ice...and Powder!
 
GreyDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Not nearly high or steep enough
Posts: 807
Default

Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to the forum.

I recommend you read more than you post for the first stretch.
Get to know the tone of the forum and some of the personalities.
Some noobs have had a harsh initiation.
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MeanJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 233
Default

I'm also in Ohio (Columbus) and ride MRM. Welcome to the Forum, I've found it to be very helpful. Things are quite this time of year but it'll get much more active closer to the season.
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to the forum.

I recommend you read more than you post for the first stretch.
Get to know the tone of the forum and some of the personalities.
Some noobs have had a harsh initiation.
Thanks for the warm welcome! Used to lurk the forums a while back so i know the general feel but it may have changed.
Gnarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanJoe View Post
I'm also in Ohio (Columbus) and ride MRM. Welcome to the Forum, I've found it to be very helpful. Things are quite this time of year but it'll get much more active closer to the season.
Ya i did not expect it to be very busy in the middle of summer lol. MRM had a sick park this year and overall was a lot more enjoyable that bmbw.
Gnarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
koi
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
koi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanJoe View Post
Things are quite this time of year but it'll get much more active closer to the season.
Depends on your point of view. Discussions are not as technical or helpful, but are definitely hilarious.

Instead of being helpful or showing pics/videos of sweet runs or some bc, people are more jaded and bigger assholes (essentially we need snow bad). For example people like BA or Shredlife will probably talk shit to you or ask you for free gear in exchange for a limited temporary friendship, others like Backstop may post pictures of girls in yoga pant on a post you started, despite it not having anything to do with your thread, and don't get me started on the douche of Rossi...

Side-note - BA, Shredlife, & Backstop never change. Rossi just die.
koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Default

Yes I remember BA giving solid advice but also being a dick at times. I kinda like it.
Gnarnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Deviant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,746
Default

Welcome! BMBW rider here as well, live about 20 minutes away so I'm there often. I think there's a few more people here that ride there as well.

Just don't take stuff too seriously here, good group of people all in all
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
Default

Hello Everyone!

My name is Peterson and I am new to this panel. I like to discuss with different peoples and found this forum very rare. I just want to say thanks to the Admin for accepting me here. I hope to spend a good time with all of you. Thank you.
Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
backstop13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi View Post
Depends on your point of view. Discussions are not as technical or helpful, but are definitely hilarious.

Instead of being helpful or showing pics/videos of sweet runs or some bc, people are more jaded and bigger assholes (essentially we need snow bad). For example people like BA or Shredlife will probably talk shit to you or ask you for free gear in exchange for a limited temporary friendship, others like Backstop may post pictures of girls in yoga pant on a post you started, despite it not having anything to do with your thread, and don't get me started on the douche of Rossi...

Side-note - BA, Shredlife, & Backstop never change. Rossi just die.
i only post yoga pant pics to troll the trolls...
backstop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums