Whistler - opening day loser cruiser extravaganza! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
neachdainn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 326
Default Whistler - opening day loser cruiser extravaganza!

I tried to think of a snappy name... Failed miserably.

Anyway... The end is nearly nigh, and we can shred again!

Destroy and I would like to gather a few peeps and put together a solid shred group for opening day!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1ZNRcAThY

So.... Who is in?

The guarantees:

- godawfully early departure
- 80% chance of a driver falling asleep on the way up/back
- my stupid beard toque
- snowboarding
- slashing pow into the faces of Aussies
- BACON

We can work together 1 or more carpool vehicles depending on how many we have coming up.
neachdainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
F1EA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 865
Default

Forgot: Jello Legs at the end of the day.

I can drive too if needed. Fit 1 +gear or 2 no gear.

Let it snow!!!!!!
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
destroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Langley, BC, Canada
Posts: 385
Default

I got room for 4 others and way more gear than anyone could ever possibly need on opening day in my big truck. I think big Neach and I are rollin' together, but I'm definitely not going to fall asleep on either end of the journey!

Ready for battle.
destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
SnowMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Coast, BC
Posts: 63
Default

As an ex-aussie, I'm going to tell all my Aussie mates to look out for you guys.

Esp Dale begg-smith!
SnowMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
F1EA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMoose View Post
As an ex-aussie, I'm going to tell all my Aussie mates to look out for you guys.

Esp Dale begg-smith!
You're gettin sprayed buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy View Post
I got room for 4 others and way more gear than anyone could ever possibly need on opening day in my big truck. I think big Neach and I are rollin' together, but I'm definitely not going to fall asleep on either end of the journey!

Ready for battle.
Cool. I may ride with you guys depending on a few factors (ie if my wife wants to go chill at Whis, I drive and meet yous there)
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 43
Default

What's wrong with Aussies hahaha?!

Sounds awesome...what are they thinking for opening day date?
Chambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 2,355
Default

Have any of you guys been to whissy for opening day before?

I have, just getting there early, isn't going to cut it.

Those of you that have seasons passes, have you got your pass yet?

Have fun doing that opening day

Or the guys without passes?

They don't start selling tickets until 8am I believe.

But the lineup started at like 4 in the morning

If you are in either one of those categories?

Fuck, are you ever gonna be choked.



You want the goods?

Make sure you have your pass the day before.

I bought tiickets in the summer one year, for the next year.

6 of them, for me & my buddies.

I never thought of the lineups. I just bought em & fluked out.


Luckily, we didn't have to stand in the ticket or pass lineup.

But the line for the gondola was still insane.


TT
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Have any of you guys been to whissy for opening day before?

I have, just getting there early, isn't going to cut it.

Those of you that have seasons passes, have you got your pass yet?

Have fun doing that opening day

Or the guys without passes?

They don't start selling tickets until 8am I believe.

But the lineup started at like 4 in the morning

If you are in either one of those categories?

Fuck, are you ever gonna be choked.



You want the goods?

Make sure you have your pass the day before.

I bought tiickets in the summer one year, for the next year.

6 of them, for me & my buddies.

I never thought of the lineups. I just bought em & fluked out.


Luckily, we didn't have to stand in the ticket or pass lineup.

But the line for the gondola was still insane.


TT


Wow! If that is the case I might give opening day a miss, we don't have our passes yet and do not feel like waiting in line for 4 hours!
Chambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
neachdainn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
Wow! If that is the case I might give opening day a miss, we don't have our passes yet and do not feel like waiting in line for 4 hours!

Psst... Go get them this week... there's no lineups right now, silly.
neachdainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 43
Default

Bought Edge passes on Sunday so waiting on them.
Chambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums