The Revelstoke 2010-2011 thread - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4
Default

Thinking about maybe heading out to Revvy and not even bothering about work and just focusing on finding a place to live and boarding everyday. It's not going to be like Whistler is it where it's almost impossible to find a place?
and roughly how expensive is food?
If I set myself a budget for $100 a week, not eating out do you think that is realistic? too much too less?
kets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
chupacabraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monashees
Posts: 876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kets View Post
Thinking about maybe heading out to Revvy and not even bothering about work and just focusing on finding a place to live and boarding everyday. It's not going to be like Whistler is it where it's almost impossible to find a place?
and roughly how expensive is food?
If I set myself a budget for $100 a week, not eating out do you think that is realistic? too much too less?
If you come before October (or for Oct.1) it's EASY to find a place, with countless options and various prices. Afterwards it's pretty hard, with barely any to choose from and all pretty expensive.
Food IS expensive... infact, more than Banff and on-par with Whistler. That being said, if you don't eat out or booze it up, you can definitely get by with $100/week.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
chupacabraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monashees
Posts: 876
Default

Snow on the tops of the mountains across Western Canada
Banff hills got 20cm
Almost got my gear sorted
Everyone has high La Nina expectations
A bit more glading done on Mt Mackenzie
Going cat boarding in the Valhallas in January (still need to fill 5 seats... anyone interested?)
Man am I stoked for this year!
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Dano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Posts: 729
Default

Was going to make the trip last year but it turned out to be a surprisingly shite year for snow for the most part. Revy and PowderKing are a go this year though!
__________________
'12 Lib Tech T.rice / '12 Burton Cartels
'10 CustomX / '10 Co2 EST
Salomon F22
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SwissMiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 171
Default Yay! Revy!

I'm so excited for this season to start, I'm definitely making it to revelstoke like at least once a month to hang out with my boyfriends family

Boarding all day and Kawakubo at night!
It's gonna be a great winter
__________________
Tanja
SwissMiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
brownSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 218
Default

our crew just booked for the week of Feb 5th 2011. we were last there Feb '09 and it was biblical!!!

I heard they've opened up (or pushed) the boundary line further out past Burgandy's, anyone have some insight on that?

prayin' for snow.
brownSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
chupacabraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monashees
Posts: 876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownSnow View Post
I heard they've opened up (or pushed) the boundary line further out past Burgandy's, anyone have some insight on that?
Nope, boundary lines have not changed at all.
However there are a few changes...
- a bit more glading done on the Ripper (Powder Monkey I think)
- brushing done on Aspen Glades (basically cutting the alders & long grass down)
- a lift line cut for the new lift (between top of Gondola and Ripper... to facilitate getting to the Ripper). lift might be put in next summer.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
brownSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupacabraman View Post
Nope, boundary lines have not changed at all.
However there are a few changes...
- a bit more glading done on the Ripper (Powder Monkey I think)
- brushing done on Aspen Glades (basically cutting the alders & long grass down)
- a lift line cut for the new lift (between top of Gondola and Ripper... to facilitate getting to the Ripper). lift might be put in next summer.

thanks for the info Chupa. Revy in my opinion will be the resort we look back at in 20 years and say, "i remember when they only had 3 lifts!" , should be a storied future for the mountain.

Anyone else booked or planning on heading out there this season?
brownSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
roremc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Banff, Alberta
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownSnow View Post
thanks for the info Chupa. Revy in my opinion will be the resort we look back at in 20 years and say, "i remember when they only had 3 lifts!" , should be a storied future for the mountain.

Anyone else booked or planning on heading out there this season?
I will be for sure. I didn't get to go last season as anytime I had the time the conditions werent that great.

I'm not so sure about Revi getting very big. I think they are too far from a major city to support getting big like a whistler.
__________________
So many runs so little time.
roremc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
m_jel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pickering
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roremc View Post
I will be for sure. I didn't get to go last season as anytime I had the time the conditions werent that great.

I'm not so sure about Revi getting very big. I think they are too far from a major city to support getting big like a whistler.
have a look at their plans for the mountain
__________________
redbubble.com/people/mkelly06
snowyunicornlove.blogspot.com
m_jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums