Vancouver 12-13 Season - Page 47 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #461 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 53
Default

Whats the temps like? spring like conditions could be nice if its not icy....
nethngbtstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #462 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mitch19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethngbtstk View Post
So im heading to Whistler this thursday for a week. Basically thursday till thursday. From what I am seeing no new snow coming huh.. What kind of conditions should I be excpecting to see?
Snow has been firm but in good condition because of the colder temps. Pretty much just riding groomers and a few tracks through the trees. Don't expect to be finding powder stashes anywhere close to a normal run. Is it your first time in Whistler because either way you will have a blast.

It hasn't been too busy of late, which will be nice for you. Bare in mind this coming weekend is an American holiday (I think, and if you aren't american) so Friday/Sat/Sun will be a bit busier then it has been. Come Monday though it should be back to normal

The temps in Whistler look like they should stay reasonably low (compared to the locals in Van) so I wouldn't worry to much about that, however the freezing level totally spikes so

Last edited by mitch19; 01-14-2013 at 10:26 AM.
mitch19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #463 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch19 View Post
Snow has been firm but in good condition because of the colder temps. Pretty much just riding groomers and a few tracks through the trees. Don't expect to be finding powder stashes anywhere close to a normal run. Is it your first time in Whistler because either way you will have a blast.

It hasn't been too busy of late, which will be nice for you. Bare in mind this coming weekend is an American holiday (I think, and if you aren't american) so Friday/Sat/Sun will be a bit busier then it has been. Come Monday though it should be back to normal

The temps in Whistler look like they should stay reasonably low (compared to the locals in Van) so I wouldn't worry to much about that, however the freezing level totally spikes so
Nice thank you for that update! It is my first time there and I have quite the list of runs I want to scratch off. I'm itching for some pow. Got lucky a few weeks back on the east in Vermont and get hit with 2 back to back storms dropping 5-6 feet fresh snow. the powder in the glades and off trail runs were epic. Now I have the itch even worse. Definitely going to have to find some there buy groomers are great too.

You think the weekend will be busy? I have 5 days of tickets. I was thinking ride Friday, mon-thurs. Skip the weekend if its crowded?
nethngbtstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #464 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mitch19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethngbtstk View Post
Nice thank you for that update! It is my first time there and I have quite the list of runs I want to scratch off. I'm itching for some pow. Got lucky a few weeks back on the east in Vermont and get hit with 2 back to back storms dropping 5-6 feet fresh snow. the powder in the glades and off trail runs were epic. Now I have the itch even worse. Definitely going to have to find some there buy groomers are great too.

You think the weekend will be busy? I have 5 days of tickets. I was thinking ride Friday, mon-thurs. Skip the weekend if its crowded?
Yeah there won't be anything like that here, unfortunately. I wouldn't 'plan' on doing set runs, the mountain compared to the map looks totally whack! I've seen many a tourists standing in the middle with a map going so just know where the lifts are and go with the flow

If you are getting a 5 day pass I would recommend missing the weekend but always be prepared to make a judgement call on the day. It is meant to be more of a college weekend I think, which means the mountain would probably be quieter. At least in the morning cause everyone's hungover lol
mitch19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #465 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch19 View Post
Yeah there won't be anything like that here, unfortunately. I wouldn't 'plan' on doing set runs, the mountain compared to the map looks totally whack! I've seen many a tourists standing in the middle with a map going so just know where the lifts are and go with the flow

If you are getting a 5 day pass I would recommend missing the weekend but always be prepared to make a judgement call on the day. It is meant to be more of a college weekend I think, which means the mountain would probably be quieter. At least in the morning cause everyone's hungover lol
Haha well if its college week I might have more fun at the bars on the weekend

You make a good point with set runs. I know how it is once you are on slope vs sitting at computer looking at runs. Ill hopefully buddy up with a local and find some goods runs. Thats the one thing i hate about going to a new mountain is not knowing where to go. And with a place as big as Whistler I知 sure it痴 even worse.

Needless to say I am stoked!
nethngbtstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #466 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mitch19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethngbtstk View Post
Haha well if its college week I might have more fun at the bars on the weekend

You make a good point with set runs. I know how it is once you are on slope vs sitting at computer looking at runs. Ill hopefully buddy up with a local and find some goods runs. Thats the one thing i hate about going to a new mountain is not knowing where to go. And with a place as big as Whistler I知 sure it痴 even worse.

Needless to say I am stoked!
College weekend also means a bunch of 19-20yo who are fucked up cause they're actually allowed to drink here and just cause trouble. A 6ft+ guy tried to fight my 5foot (girl) cousin so be careful what you say to who otherwise yes they are a lot of fun

shoot me a PM and if I'm riding those days I'll show you around a bit. I ride mostly the morning because of my work hours.
mitch19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #467 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch19 View Post
College weekend also means a bunch of 19-20yo who are fucked up cause they're actually allowed to drink here and just cause trouble. A 6ft+ guy tried to fight my 5foot (girl) cousin so be careful what you say to who otherwise yes they are a lot of fun

shoot me a PM and if I'm riding those days I'll show you around a bit. I ride mostly the morning because of my work hours.
Ugh yeah that not cool if that痴 the case. I mean I知 all in for a good night out but if its drunk kinds that could take a turn for the worse. Play it cool I guess right. I知 just there to enjoy myself.

Yeah that would be awesome I値l shoot you a PM with my number. I知 staying at the Glacier resort in the village. Do you know where that is? Supposedly its walk to lift
nethngbtstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #468 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mitch19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethngbtstk View Post
Yeah that would be awesome I値l shoot you a PM with my number. I知 staying at the Glacier resort in the village. Do you know where that is? Supposedly its walk to lift
Is that the one down near market place? I know the one you're talking about. Never been there though. Can walk depending how much of a whimp you are haha I used to live down there so I don't even notice it anymore but its about 5-10min walk depending on how fast you walk or there is a free shuttle which runs about every 10-25mins. If there is a ton of people waiting, wait and jump on but if theres no one its an easy walk through the village or it's quicker up the road.
mitch19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #469 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch19 View Post
Is that the one down near market place? I know the one you're talking about. Never been there though. Can walk depending how much of a whimp you are haha I used to live down there so I don't even notice it anymore but its about 5-10min walk depending on how fast you walk or there is a free shuttle which runs about every 10-25mins. If there is a ton of people waiting, wait and jump on but if theres no one its an easy walk through the village or it's quicker up the road.
Yeah im not exactly sure where it is but Iv been told its a easy 5 min walk. I think there is some good night life too right there right? just shot you a PM btw
nethngbtstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #470 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
AIRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 653
Default

So it's snowing downtown, but cypress is saying high overcast? The hell.
__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
AIRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums