Vancouver 12-13 Season - Page 54 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #531 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
I too was diggin' that little kiddie park, that was the first time I had been in there. Didn't even know it was there

That's part of my problem, I usually go by myself & have set runs that have taken a long time to acquire. When it dumps, I know where I'm goin' way before I even get there.

Any who, going to Cypress.

You know the drill.

TT
Hey TT,

I'm in, just sent you a mail. Let me know what time you're thinking.

Cheers
moesymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #532 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
grafta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
After being in the beginner terrain park on Cypress on Wednesday, I'm even less happy with the beginner coverage on Seymour now. At minimum Seymour needs to add:
  • A ride-on rail that is less than a foot off the snow
  • A less than 20 foot jump
  • Very low street-style rail and box
Yeah, at this rate i'm never gonna step it up to the 20 footers. Nothing to progess on unless I wanna huck my meat (could happen). They definitely gotta add a 'fun' size jump line. Not small rollers like they've got on lodge, but actually kickers with a gap. Peeps gotta learn somehow. I'm at a pretty comfortable level getting air off everything besides park jumps. Straight air is the problem and I blame Seymour park crew If it's on a funny angle i'm all over that shit Go figure
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #533 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,456
Default

I liked Cypress' park a lot, and I've been through a lot of parks over the years. Park hounds would probably say the jumps weren't in pristine condition, but the size of them was excellent. I was able to comfortably get more air than I have in a while in there.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #534 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
grafta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I liked Cypress' park a lot, and I've been through a lot of parks over the years. Park hounds would probably say the jumps weren't in pristine condition, but the size of them was excellent. I was able to comfortably get more air than I have in a while in there.
You still riding Seymour today Poutanen? We are up there later... prob about 8

Did you get to check it out already?
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #535 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
You still riding Seymour today Poutanen? We are up there later... prob about 8

Did you get to check it out already?
Yeah just about to leave to head there, haven't been up yet! I'll likely be done by about 4:00 though. You out anywhere tomorrow or are Saturdays a gong show?

I'm 95% sure I'm heading to Whistler Sunday morn, might do the tourist thing Monday or head back to Cypress or ???
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #536 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
grafta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yeah just about to leave to head there, haven't been up yet! I'll likely be done by about 4:00 though. You out anywhere tomorrow or are Saturdays a gong show?

I'm 95% sure I'm heading to Whistler Sunday morn, might do the tourist thing Monday or head back to Cypress or ???
Sweet! Enjoy the day. One tip for Seymour: explore the hell out of it. You'll get bored if you don't look around. The more work you put in, the more it'll give back

Off mystery chair, head straight and left slightly to Noels Flight. Some good jumps through there. Entrance is a bit bumpy but sure you'll find it ok.

Def find and do Unicorn today. Its runs from mystery down to lodge chair. Longest run (lol) on seymour. Hang high on the sides at top if you like little drops etc. Usually some fun side hits down there too.

Oh yeh, u probably hanging with Donutz today? You'll be fine

I think we'll be at seymour tomorrow and potentially hemlock on sunday.
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #537 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,597
Blog Entries: 217
Default

Yeah, we were both up there today. Except for some specific runs that Poutanen or I wanted to hit multiple times, we were able to try something different on each run -- and still didn't get all the runs on Brockton.

The snow was crap, tho'. Wet heavy stuff covered by a melted/frozen crust. I kept burying my edge, then my face.

Great day though. I find I like getting pushed outside my comfort zone. And keeping up with Eurocarver there is definitely pushing it.
__________________

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #538 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
Oh yeh, u probably hanging with Donutz today? You'll be fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Great day though. I find I like getting pushed outside my comfort zone. And keeping up with Eurocarver there is definitely pushing it.
Yup yup good stuff was had! Hit some great jumps right under the mystery chair, only to be outdone by some punks doing backflips.

Apart from this weird stuff you guys call snow here I've had a fun couple days boarding the Vancouver locals, WITH the Vancouver locals... lol
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #539 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
grafta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yup yup good stuff was had! Hit some great jumps right under the mystery chair, only to be outdone by some punks doing backflips.

Apart from this weird stuff you guys call snow here I've had a fun couple days boarding the Vancouver locals, WITH the Vancouver locals... lol
Oh yeh, don't get confused thinking that shit is snow!

Off to go scrape round in it now. Wish me luck
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #540 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 70
Default

Seymour was a skating rink tonight......and someone must have had a nasty fall because on my way down there were 3 fire trucks and one ambulance going up with lights and sirens a blazing...
deepcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums