Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Western Canada (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/western-canada/)
-   -   Blackcomb Glacier Question (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/western-canada/56921-blackcomb-glacier-question.html)

Lamps 01-21-2013 05:01 AM

Blackcomb Glacier Question
 
I went down this run the other day, out the back way of the T bars instead of up Spanky's.

My wife and kids probably cannot do the blue run that goes straight down after you walk up that little hill however it look like on the far left there was a nice channel that was a lot shallower, you might walk around the back of the Ridge and access it at the far skiers right. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts with this?

mitch19 01-21-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 609041)
I went down this run the other day, out the back way of the T bars instead of up Spanky's.

My wife and kids probably cannot do the blue run that goes straight down after you walk up that little hill however it look like on the far left there was a nice channel that was a lot shallower, you might walk around the back of the Ridge and access it at the far skiers right. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts with this?

Are you talking about down the back of the glacier? or back towards the T-bars?

I can't picture it in my head because I haven't been up there this season but are you taking about the 'blow hole' and that kind of area?

Lamps 01-21-2013 01:09 PM

Yes, blowhole is skiers left, I'm talking about way over on skiers right.

mitch19 01-21-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 610753)
Yes, blowhole is skiers left, I'm talking about way over on skiers right.

It's pretty mellow from memory or you can traverse way up high on the right. Its generally pretty decent because people can't be fucked to walk along the track to drop in and its not as steep so there isn't as many moguls

Zef Rider 01-21-2013 01:30 PM

Blackcomb glacier
 
The pitch at skiers far right from the blowhole is much shallower, although its a long traverse to get there. Be aware that the 2nd half of the run is one long cat track - can't wait for the new lift to crystal ridge.

mitch19 01-21-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zef Rider (Post 610937)
The pitch at skiers far right from the blowhole is much shallower, although its a long traverse to get there. Be aware that the 2nd half of the run is one long cat track - can't wait for the new lift to crystal ridge.

Not to high-jack the thread but I have a real love/hate feeling about the upload spot for the new Crystal chair.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2