Blackcomb Glacier Question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Blackcomb Glacier Question

I went down this run the other day, out the back way of the T bars instead of up Spanky's.

My wife and kids probably cannot do the blue run that goes straight down after you walk up that little hill however it look like on the far left there was a nice channel that was a lot shallower, you might walk around the back of the Ridge and access it at the far skiers right. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts with this?
Lamps is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Senior Member
 
mitch19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
I went down this run the other day, out the back way of the T bars instead of up Spanky's.

My wife and kids probably cannot do the blue run that goes straight down after you walk up that little hill however it look like on the far left there was a nice channel that was a lot shallower, you might walk around the back of the Ridge and access it at the far skiers right. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts with this?
Are you talking about down the back of the glacier? or back towards the T-bars?

I can't picture it in my head because I haven't been up there this season but are you taking about the 'blow hole' and that kind of area?
mitch19 is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Yes, blowhole is skiers left, I'm talking about way over on skiers right.
Lamps is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Senior Member
 
mitch19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
Yes, blowhole is skiers left, I'm talking about way over on skiers right.
It's pretty mellow from memory or you can traverse way up high on the right. Its generally pretty decent because people can't be fucked to walk along the track to drop in and its not as steep so there isn't as many moguls
mitch19 is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blackcomb glacier

The pitch at skiers far right from the blowhole is much shallower, although its a long traverse to get there. Be aware that the 2nd half of the run is one long cat track - can't wait for the new lift to crystal ridge.
Zef Rider is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Senior Member
 
mitch19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zef Rider View Post
The pitch at skiers far right from the blowhole is much shallower, although its a long traverse to get there. Be aware that the 2nd half of the run is one long cat track - can't wait for the new lift to crystal ridge.
Not to high-jack the thread but I have a real love/hate feeling about the upload spot for the new Crystal chair.
mitch19 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome