1st time in Whistler - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6
Default 1st time in Whistler

1st time in Whistler is coming up. Will be getting there Thursday afternoon and starting on the mountain Friday morning of this week.

This is my dream trip so I want to make the best of it. I know the lifts open at 830 am, but what is the recommended time to get there to jump in line??

Im just not sure how fast the lines start forming.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6
Default

no one replying...cuz your all enjoying the mountain.......fkers lmao
Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,572
Blog Entries: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
1st time in Whistler is coming up. Will be getting there Thursday afternoon and starting on the mountain Friday morning of this week.

This is my dream trip so I want to make the best of it. I know the lifts open at 830 am, but what is the recommended time to get there to jump in line??

Im just not sure how fast the lines start forming.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Whistler doesn't clock-watch, i.e. you don't stand there until exactly 8:30. They'll start loading when they're ready, which is usually sometime between 8 and 8:30. If you get there by 8am, you may or may not be among the first up.

Note this was on a weekday for me. On weekends all bets are off.
__________________

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,572
Blog Entries: 214
Default

Oh, and this is a long weekend in BC, so expect crowds.
__________________

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Whistler doesn't clock-watch, i.e. you don't stand there until exactly 8:30. They'll start loading when they're ready, which is usually sometime between 8 and 8:30. If you get there by 8am, you may or may not be among the first up.
I wish Fernie did this. I've spent a fair bit of time standing near the front of the line until EXACTLY 9:00 when they start letting people on the lifts.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
stunt66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 154
Default

patience will be your friend on that weekend lol.
stunt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt66 View Post
patience will be your friend on that weekend lol.
fully expected that, at least I'll have friday unless everyone takes off friday as well. On saturday I'll be doing Heli-boarding/skiing so maybe that will take me away from the crowds...........hopefully
Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mitch19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
1st time in Whistler is coming up. Will be getting there Thursday afternoon and starting on the mountain Friday morning of this week.

This is my dream trip so I want to make the best of it. I know the lifts open at 830 am, but what is the recommended time to get there to jump in line??

Im just not sure how fast the lines start forming.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
They upload pretty much at 8:15am every morning. Because I work nights I aim to get in line at 8am and I am generally one of the first people there.

I know it is going to be a public holiday, but the crowds this season have been very manageable. I remember spending a good 35mins in a line once or twice last season. I found if you get first chair up get a good 3-4 runs in before it starts getting busier, by then they generally open up the alpine. A few runs in the alpine and its time for an early/late lunch so you can be riding again while everyone else is eating
mitch19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch19 View Post
They upload pretty much at 8:15am every morning. Because I work nights I aim to get in line at 8am and I am generally one of the first people there.

I know it is going to be a public holiday, but the crowds this season have been very manageable. I remember spending a good 35mins in a line once or twice last season. I found if you get first chair up get a good 3-4 runs in before it starts getting busier, by then they generally open up the alpine. A few runs in the alpine and its time for an early/late lunch so you can be riding again while everyone else is eating
Wait so the alpine opens at a different time? Why's that?
Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
freshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Salmon Arm BC
Posts: 942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
Wait so the alpine opens at a different time? Why's that?
Certain areas are more avalanche prone, so there just doing their due diligence.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums