Hi everybody, I'm Poutanen's fiancee so I deserve credit for putting up with him every day!
A little background: I'm going into my 5th season of riding. Spent the first two years in Ontario and the last two in Alberta. My first board was a 2010 K2 Luna camber, it was a great board but I was reaching a plateau with my riding.
- Prior Brandywine 153 (screaming trees topsheet)
- Directional free ride board, camber with lifted tips
- Paired with Burton Scribe bindings
- Sintered base
- Flex: It definitely feels stiffer than my K2 Luna
For all the specs click here : Brandywine Snowboard Model For Ladies From Prior Snowboards | Female Snowboard | Womens Snowboard | Whistler BC
I've rode this board at Lake Louise, Fernie, Nakiska and Kimberley. The snow has been everything from deep Alberta powder, to ice, groomers and hardpack. I've taken it down rocky steeps, through trees, and down chutes, and bowls.
- Excellent edge hold
- Great for carving
- Good control
- Still easy to ride with the rockered nose and tail
- Rides much better in deep powder than my old board
- A little more expensive than a typical off the shelf board, but I would buy another one in a second
I really wanted a camber board. I demo'd a few rocker and flying V boards last year and wasn't pleased with them. But with the K2 my boarding was not progressing any further, I noticed that when i bought the Prior my boarding progression was huge, and I was more confident to take on new terrain. With the Prior I take on things that I never pictured myself doing! When I'm on my board it feels like it's part of me, it does what I want to do and doesn't fight me!
Mines the one on the left!