Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

10.5 boots go wide board?

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Sydney 
#1 ·
Should I keep new GNU Antigravity board 268mm waist width with 10.5 US boots? My bare foot on inserts has same length as board. I dont know if I gonna return it or not :(. I am intermediate rider almost always on ski slope. Thaaanks a lot!!!

#4 ·
I'd say that's almost the perfect size and will allow you to progress and carve harder. Any slimmer and you'll get boot out and any wider and you might struggle to control it as well.

BTW have you decided to get new boots then as in the other post you talked about having 11.5s?

#10 ·
It depends on your riding style, skill, stance and plans. Wide board is more difficult to control in the beginning, but in gives you more clearance for deep carves. With US10 slim boots i prefer 26+ waist for all mountain freestyle, 26,8+ for carving (duck foot), but im 100% fine with my 25,4 board for jibbing and park.

#11 ·
Hi Sydney,

It is important that you use barefoot measurement (not boot size) and that you compare to the width at the inserts (not waist width).

Please measure your feet using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters). For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

STOKED!

#12 · (Edited)
Dear Wiredsport, thanks for your reply, I am little bit surprised and confused now :D
My bare foot:
Left - 27,9 cm lentgh, 10,6 cm width
Right - 27,8 cm lentgh, 10,6 cm width
Width of snowboard on the inserts is cca 27,7 cm
Last 10 years I thought that I have 28,5 cm foot so almost all my shoes are 10,5-11 US :D

#13 ·
Hi Sydney,

You are Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 10.6 cm is E width at your size. This requires a special boot. Only Salomon produces Wide boots for E width. I would strongly suggest the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Salomon Synapse Wide in US size 10. Note: Shoe size will never be the same as snowboard boot size.

Regardless of your boot size, your 27.9 cm feet do not require either a Wide or a Mid Wide board. I would suggest that you go with a board that allows a bit of barefoot overhang That will allow for much easier transitions and will accelerate your riding curve and confidence.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

#14 · (Edited)
Hi Sydney,

You are Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 10.6 cm is E width at your size. This requires a special boot. Only Salomon produces Wide boots for E width. I would strongly suggest the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Salomon Synapse Wide in US size 10. Note: Shoe size will never be the same as snowboard boot size.

Regardless of your boot size, your 27.9 cm feet do not require either a Wide or a Mid Wide board. I would suggest that you go with a board that allows a bit of barefoot overhang That will allow for much easier transitions and will accelerate your riding curve and confidence.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

You are awesome, thank you. Unfortunately this boots are almost everywhere out of stock and only on a few webs in Czechia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.