Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll keep it short. I know this has been asked many times.
PROTO HD - I'm in
Size?
Weight 180lbs athletic.
Height 5'8-5'10 not sure.
Shoe size 9.5-10US
Intermediate, rapidly improving (or so I like to think)
Riding: may spend one day all day on the groomers and the next all day in the park. All over the place. Like jumping off/on anything possible but also speed and tight turns.

And there you see my problem. What size.
It will be my one and only board for at least this season. I need to get it right.

Thankssss, you're all legends for helping.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
You're sure of your weight, but not your height??
That's backwards.:dizzy:

I'm 5'11", 175-180.
I find 157 perfect, 154 too short.
Personal preference. There is no right answer for everyone.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I'm 5'9" and 150lbs.

I've owned a Proto CT 154 and I'd take the 157 over the 154 any day of the week.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'm 5'11", 175-180.
I'm 5'9" and 150lbs.

I've owned a Proto CT 154 and I'd take the 157 over the 154 any day of the week.
Why is that? Added stability?

And are you guys riding more park or freeride?
Cheers

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm 5'11", 175-180.
Oh and I always weigh myself at the gym, never measured really

·
Registered
403 Posts
All personal preference im 170-175 and ride a 154 evo all over the mountain and haven't had a problem with it, and the proto is stiffer than the evo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was faced with the same dilemma, had a 157 but didn't think it would be right for me so I took it back for a 154. I have about 9 days on it so far this season and really like it. It rides long for a 154. Rode it with Now Drives and the IPOs set up soft. Definately go with the IPOs. I am weighing in at 160, 5'8".

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
its an inch, both answers are right.

go on your gut and don't look back.

ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was faced with the same dilemma, had a 157 but didn't think it would be right for me so I took it back for a 154. I have about 9 days on it so far this season and really like it. It rides long for a 154. Rode it with Now Drives and the IPOs set up soft. Definately go with the IPOs. I am weighing in at 160, 5'8".
Was gunna go for the button genesis... Just scouted around and seems many people has the same idea!
I'm tempted on the 154 but I'm 20lbs heavier than you which is a significant amount really

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its an inch, both answers are right.

go on your gut and don't look back.

ride it like you stole it.
Ha inspiring :eusa_clap:

What would your gut tell you with my stats?

If I remember correctly from other posts, you ride the proto 154 but cant remember your weight (I'm not stalking you, promise)

·
Registered
28 Posts
i'm 5'8, 180 lbs and i went with the 154. i went with the 154 to give me some motivation to lose 10-15 lbs and i wanted a more playful ride even though i'm about a 75/25 split between groomers and park with plans to progress more in the park.

i thought about the 157, but i'm saving that size for the end of season sale on a trice pro hp for more those days i wanna bomb the mountain.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'm 5'8, 180 lbs and i went with the 154. i went with the 154 to give me some motivation to lose 10-15 lbs and i wanted a more playful ride even though i'm about a 75/25 split between groomers and park with plans to progress more in the park.

i thought about the 157, but i'm saving that size for the end of season sale on a trice pro hp for more those days i wanna bomb the mountain.
How does it feel? Did you lose the weight?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i just got my board about 2 weeks ago. haven't been able to pop it's cherry yet. as for the weight, i'm still 180.
Ah ok. Any regrets on size? I will probably be 180 for the foreseeable future so still undecided. Want to order tonight but keep flipping between the 154 and the 157. Ahg

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found the 154 didn't have enough edge for me to work with.
My riding is tilted to all mountain, not much park, FYI.
Felt less able to carve on 154? Sounds like I should get 157

What made you choose the proto over more freeride boards if you don't mind me asking.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts