Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well im looking to buy my first board looking been out 5-6 times dont want to rent anymore
Im 5'7 145lbs size 8 boot these stats will not change.
Im looking to pick up a 147-150cm please correct me if im wrong.
Will be riding mostly groomers ,hitting the park in the future.

My choices are the
Yes Basic 150cm
Burton Hate 151cm
Forum Honeypot 151cm (i think this is too much board for my skill level)

If any members have any suggestions please chime in
Want to keep it at a resasonable budget. $400max. Board only But want a board that i can grow with skill wise
and keep for a few years.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The yes basic is a good choice.

Also check out the Signal Park flat, it has some of the best features for your money and is a good all around deck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Forum Honeypot 151cm (i think this is too much board for my skill level)
I demoed one about a month ago and hated it. I took it on a groomer and it felt like I was riding a bar of soap. Edge hold was terribad.
It's supposed to be a great park board, and I'm sure it is, but it's just not good at the rest.

I think there are much better options out there, like the GNU Carbon Credit or K2 Raygun.

/runs away before he gets flamed by the Forum fans

Edit: Where do you ride?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i ended up picking up the YES Basic in 150cm and a pair of Burton Malavita bindings
for the price i couldnt pass up this deal 40% off MSRP only down side they didnt have my bindings in white.So $420 before taxes im happy. Cant wait to ride!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
That sucks. My ex gf tore hers this time last year. Its a longer recovery but she's all better now. Full tear or partial?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts