Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was pretty set on getting the Lib Tech T. Rice 157 this season. I've been browsing the web and reading up on reviews and have been pretty happy about the positive views. But then I had a buddy recommend me the TRS 157 and I've read some reviews and found people to be just as happy with it.

Now I'm just wondering if I'm overthinking things and should just get the T Rice like I planned or switch and go with the TRS.

The board I'm replacing is a old Forum Devun Walsh which I believe is a pretty stiff board and I really liked it but it's quite beat up and needs to be retired.

I'm 5'10" 180pnds.

I'd say I'm a intermediate rider I usually just stick to the runs and bomb around, ride through the trees. Up to now I don't really go to the park but would like to do more natural hits on the sides of runs and possibly hit the park for some kickers but don't see myself really doing alot of rails and jibs.

I'm 24 yrs old and live in Vancouver. So I'm usually at Whistler, Cypress, Baker

Thanks...

·
Registered
13 Posts
T. Rice all the way. Has a sintered base rather than an extruded base like the TRS and also is stiffer so it will fit your style of riding better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Def go with the T Rice and if you can afford it or find a deal check out the T Rice with Horsepower, love the top sheet on that!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
If it's truly lighter AND more damp, on a board that kills it already, that's worth an extra $100 in my book.

·
Registered
350 Posts
T. Rice all the way. Has a sintered base rather than an extruded base like the TRS and also is stiffer so it will fit your style of riding better.
can someone please confirm that the '11 T.Rice is STIFFER than the TRS?
since TRS and Riders Choice are basically the same board, does that mean the T.Rice is also stiffer than RC?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts