Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2011 Ride Machete...any suggestions or opinions of what brand and bindings I should pair up with it..mostly just riding it..carving..hits..occasional park..I am in SoCal if that matters for conditions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i just mounted up some 2011 Burton Customs to my Machete...

Before I actually get to ride it in a week..does anyone have anything negative to say about this setup?

Perhaps it is not a good combo and they wont work/react well together?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Customs are an ok binding but don't expect to get a ton of performance or durability out of them. Ive got a 2011 DH2 (Basically a stiffer more poppy version of the Machete) and I have a pair of Missions on them. I won't have a chance to try it out until tomorrow probably as I've been using my rock board lately to scope out the hill and find the trouble spots so a don't wreck my new board. I think the bottom line with the customs is that your not going to loose very much if any performance out of the board but you certainly won't gain any.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Customs are an ok binding but don't expect to get a ton of performance or durability out of them. Ive got a 2011 DH2 (Basically a stiffer more poppy version of the Machete) and I have a pair of Missions on them. I won't have a chance to try it out until tomorrow probably as I've been using my rock board lately to scope out the hill and find the trouble spots so a don't wreck my new board. I think the bottom line with the customs is that your not going to loose very much if any performance out of the board but you certainly won't gain any.
I see..

How about some recommendations peeps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've just bought a machete and got a pair of new Rome boss 390 for em, though I will hit the park more than you so can't say if those will be a good suggestion. Rather arsenals or even better a pair of targas. About the customs, they've gotten some negative reviews but it all depends on how good of a rider you are and how much you'll use them. Have you looked up some other bindings or are you certain that you'll go with the Customs?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Admittedly i did not do much homework on bindings. I have used customs for the past 10 yrs on older burton boards, they never did me any wrong..i mostly ride and hit stuff up, not a huge park guy..so they may just fine. But ill check into some others for peace of mind.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I am highly considering trading in the 2011 Burton Customs i got..for the 2011 Burton Missions or the 2011 Ride EX...would it be worth my time to do so?

These are my only choices for $ reasons and a package deal I got.

Just a couple of you smart guys to help my decision here, then I promise to leave the thread alone..haha

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts