Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What s the difference if any between these 2 boards? I saw a 50 dollar difference in them and was curious about the difference. Also what do you think about this board for all mountain? How about compared to the 2011 lib tech trs c2

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
No difference other than graphics. Uber stiff and a pain to jib. Good for boosting jumps and probably in the pipe. I didn't take mine in the pipe cause I hate pipe.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I like my DH2.4 a lot -- excellent all-mountain board with a freeride emphasis. Great grip with the cambered middle section, with some catch-free ease from the slightly rockered tips. Check out the discussion on Ride Nation for some interesting info on these boards; Mr. Tidbit had his up to 47 mph.

Actually, there is one difference between the DH2.4 and the DH2.5, other than the graphics: the DH2.5 comes in only a few different sizes, and no wides. In that respect, it's somewhat more limited, even for a limited edition.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Actually no. It's too stiff to get into the bends of the moguls. From ride try maybe the Highlife.

I would also highly recommend the Arbor Coda, Flow Infinite PopRock, Flow Team, or the Signal Omni.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Actually no. It's too stiff to get into the bends of the moguls. From ride try maybe the Highlife.

I would also highly recommend the Arbor Coda, Flow Infinite PopRock, Flow Team, or the Signal Omni.
Which would you recommend more, the Arbor Coda or the Signal Omni? Also, in non pow conditions, which one is better on hard pack/ice. I was reading a review last night that said testing a board on hard pack and icy conditions, albeit less than ideal, is actually a great way to show you the limits of the board you're on. After all, if you're looking for a true all mountain deck, you want it to everything. And what board doesn't perform on good snow? ;)

I read your review and BA's review of the Coda... and after having a bad experience on Burton's flying V (but great experience on NS's RC Tech), I'm thinking that unless the board has a smart sidecut geometry, I'm not cut out for rocker or rocker with camber unless it's a NS board :)

Now camber with rocker, a la the Signal Omni, YES boards, Ride's Hybrid Prorize, etc... is another case.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Well as far as I know, Signal invented CamRock with the Omni. It works well.

The Omni is more playful than the Coda since the tips are softer. Both will do well in powder, the Omni will do a little better all over the park, the Coda will be more stable at speed and hold better on ice. The Omni will be easier to ride and felt quicker edge to edge. The Signals were just nimble overall.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
The HighLife is a freeride beast. Even though it's stiffer than the DH2 series, it will actually work much better in moguls. This is due to the shape of the board. It is a LowPro rocker. The nose has a higher rise and is more forgiving then mellows out to being nearly flat in the middle transitioning into a mellow rise rocker in the stiffer tail.

The HighLife is also great on ice due to it's SlimeWalls and stiffness. The highlight of this board is the powder performance though. This is where the rocker shape truly excels.

It is also poppy and going edge to edge is very easy.

Ride Highlife Snowboard 2011

·
Registered
412 Posts
No its not.
I believe yours is the only opinion to that effect that I've ever seen. I think it's clearly colored by your general dislike of the DH2.4/2.5. In any event, the definitive stiffness rating is Ride's, and they rate the Highlife 8 and the DH2.4 only 7. The Highlife also uses 90A Slimewalls, which are stiffer than the 85A Slimewalls on the DH2.4.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Only reason I say no is my 151 felt like a 7 and the Highlife 158 felt like an 8. So the 157 LE is gonna be even stiffer.

However, It did just dawn on me that mine, the DH Shop LE, had hempbrain. It is the only difference but that may add a touch of stiffness.

Either way I still say the Highlife is better suited because it has no camber in it to fight.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Either way I still say the Highlife is better suited because it has no camber in it to fight.
Well, suitability for moguls is different from stiffness, but I don't disagree with that. However, if I wanted a board that was great for moguls (I don't), I'd probably look for something a lot more flexible than either of these. I will say that the DH2.4 seems somewhat better for moguls than pure camber, because the ProRize nose does help to keep the board up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts