Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2012/2013 Bataleon Evil Twin board, this is my first Bataleon board I wanted to put it to the test this year I heard so many good things about the TBT tech so I wanted to give it a shot....

I received my board a few weeks back but didn't mess with it because the weather was not good over here (Midwest) I planned on head north last weekend and the Friday before I was putting the bindings on and I had a bit of difficulty putting the screws on the board they just didn't wanna catch the thread sorta speak (I used a screw driver, no power tools obviously). Felt tight I never had any issues with threads in any of my other boards (Lib Tech, Jones, Yes) so I didn't think much of it until it came time to tighten the screws down. I was tighten the screws down one by one and when I got the last screw I barely turned it 1/2 turn to 1 turn and it was tight. I couldn't reverse or tighten it felt welded on (first assumption was obvious cross thread).

I ended up having to drill the head of the screw off to get the binding off. When I got the binding off I saw that the screw was not angled or tilted like a cross thread screw would be. I called my retailer and that did a warranty swap and I got the new board in today.

I wanted to test out the threads so I tried screwing in a few brand new screws by hand to start them off as I always do. And its the same thing I have to work the screws in and out until they catch takes about 2-5 min to get each screw on. I got 8 of the 16 holes working but some are just not catching. I thought I was going crazy so I tried the same on all my other boards just to be sure and those go in fine smooth no issues catching. I tried to get a hold a Bataleon to report this. I also called all my local shops to see some possible solutions to loosen these same threads up. And it seems like everyone thinks im doing something wrong or whatever. Even with all the explaining, the only solution I heard was to use a tap (to trace the thread) but it was said that something like that isn't normally done on a new board.

Has anyone had this problem before with any board? possibly with Bataleon boards?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
got a new (last years) Whatever and had no issues with putting my Rome bindings on.
dont know what could be going on with your set up :dunno:
 

·
Banned!
Joined
·
7,679 Posts
maybe you have, but could be worth triple checking your screws. Seems pretty whack, you could have a couple damaged screws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have ride maestro bindings but the bindings are not the issue because after the incident Friday I went out and bought 4 sets of brand new screws to make sure that wasn't the problem and I've been trying them one by one very time consuming to say the least. It seems that the thread is started incorrectly because that's the bigest issue is starting once you get it going it works just tight then the next time it's easier and easier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,055 Posts
I didn't have any trouble with the Whatever I test rode last year. The bindings went on and off just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just hope this board is worth all this trouble never been on a TBT board really excited to try it but scared as all hell if I have to make any adjustments to the bindings
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top