Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to start a new thread for this purpose: What are your goals for the season? Link turns? Blast a 720? Not kill yourself? Lets hear it... :thumbsup:

Mine:
- Man up and start spending REAL time working on spin tricks
- Do 40+ days on the snow (last year was 35)
- Do 1500 km on snow (last year was 1200 or so)
- Do a 10,000 vertical meter day and a 100 km distance day
- Start doing good sized jumps switch
- Not lose any time due to injuries! :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
New Goals for the 2013-14 season:

Perfect my backside 1
Get my frontside 3 down
Land a 5
Frontside boardslides
Hit rails
Fully tweak a method
Be more comfortable Switch
And hit 30 + days. I hit 29 last season.........

Pretty stoked for this coming season. I broke my ankle early in the season last year, and I was still able to knock down most of my previous list. Super stoked to see how I do with a healed foot now.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Got my CASI Level 2 Instructor last year, so this year, work toward CASI Park Instructor 1.

Just generally get comfortable in the park, especially rails.

Ground tricks.

Did two week long trips with my club last year. Hoping to do three with them this year. Targetting Red Mountain, Fernie, and Lake Tahoe.

·
Banned
257 Posts
get down a green run without falling......

·
Registered
726 Posts
- teach poutanen to ride park
- bs/fs 5's
- methods, mine suck right now
- tail/nose grab 3's, I always grab mute/indy
- pow days

·
Registered
520 Posts
Work on my park tricks, get more days on the snow, and work on my switch riding. Really all of my goals can be accomplished by just riding more.

·
Registered
776 Posts
So I'm ashamed to admit it, but this will be my 16th season, and I have never made it down a run riding switch from top to bottom. Every time I try, I end up falling, and get pissed and go back to regular.

My goal for this season is to become good enough at riding switch to make it down a run from top to bottom without falling.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,441 Posts
So I'm ashamed to admit it, but this will be my 16th season, and I have never made it down a run riding switch from top to bottom. Every time I try, I end up falling, and get pissed and go back to regular.

My goal for this season is to become good enough at riding switch to make it down a run from top to bottom without falling.
^ This, exactly this :laugh:

I aim to spend as little time as possible in the resort. This will end in some fights with the significant other... He just renovated the alpine cabin and thus wants to spend the time up there (that's an excuse. actually he's just becoming old and lazy...) while I plan to spend the bluebirds on the split.

- learn to ride switch
- ride verbier mont fort
- avy refresh course
- get 40days even though being on vacation mid Dec-Jan (not my idea!)
- spend at least ten days on the split
- and most important, no injury before the Alaska-April

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Oh boy. Soooo many things I want perfect or learn.

Various board grabs fully tweaked or extended.
Add board grabs to both of my front and back 3s.
Fully tweak my method and I mean FULLY.
Front flip, I have yet to land that smoothly.
Hitting a jump in switch, landing switch is a piece of cake but lift off really messes with my head.

Oh and a huge goal for me is training my girl to be a badass as well. She already makes my guy friends feel bad but I know she is capable of much more!!

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh and a huge goal for me is training my girl to be a badass as well. She already makes my guy friends feel bad but I know she is capable of much more!!
Same here! Last year my fiancee finally started riding some crazy terrain with me. This year I'd like to get to the point where she can keep up with me for a whole day of search and destroy! :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Same here! Last year my fiancee finally started riding some crazy terrain with me. This year I'd like to get to the point where she can keep up with me for a whole day of search and destroy! :yahoo:
Dude!!! Me too. Last season I could finally take her to peak 10 and the T bar at Breck. Plus she can ride trees now. I use to hate baby sitting but now she can finally shred. I really find it sexy when a girl can rip it on a board!!!!!!!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Good goals here! Getting some good ideas from yallz. Here are some of mine:

-Take an avy course and learn to use my equipment well
-Grab while spinning
-Stomp a back 7
-Spin a back 3 off natural features
-Start doing cabs and switch backside spins
-Build some booters
-Ride some heavy lines
*edit* get atleast 3 days in at Baker

Oh and make it through a season alive and in one piece!

·
The Swiss Miss
7,441 Posts
Dude!!! Me too. Last season I could finally take her to peak 10 and the T bar at Breck. Plus she can ride trees now. I use to hate baby sitting
Hahaha... I remember those days when I was the baby :) bf was my teacher as well. guess, he hated the first season as well.
A general thanks to all the patient guys :thumbsup:

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hahaha... I remember those days when I was the baby :) bf was my teacher as well. guess, he hated the first season as well.
A general thanks to all the patient guys :thumbsup:
Luckily for me the fiancee wanted to do it on her own. We'd drive to the hill together, meet up for lunch, and then meet at the end of the day. I think she hated the first year but loved it at the same time!

Now that she's starting to tackle some 40 degree slopes (and she LOVES glades already), she's getting her legs under her. It's really fun to watch from my point of view! :eusa_clap:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts