Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you won't mind a newbie getting this rolling, but I was inspired by AnnaMC's thread with so many enjoying closeout sales and last years thread which I am sure I am not alone in having sat and scrolled through every page just to look at some awesome looking creations and inspiration.

I would ask that we stick to boards and bindings, maybe boots as I don't think we need to see every piece of snowboard clothing we own. Be nice if we could keep it positive/constructive (not naming any names), everybody has different budgets and tastes and not everyone's new gear is new, so want everybody to share what has them stoked for next season (lucky people who get next years gear in advance to review or demo feel free to chip in if you are allowed)

I will try get the ball rolling when I get back from work
:yahoo:

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Nothing new for me so far... I'll possibly get a new Virus next season as I've damaged mine pretty good.

So (L to R):

Prior Brandywine 153 w/Burton Scribes (GFs newest board)
Burton Custom 156 w/Burton Cartels (camber play board bought used this year, bought bindings new)
Burton T7 159 w/Burton C60s (this was my main board until this year, now it's my rock freeride board)
Virus Avalanche FLP AFT 160 w/Burton Diodes (love this board for EVERYTHING, but at $1250 a pop on a group buy, it's not cheap when you break one landing on a rock...)

I ride with Burton Driver X boots (2010 that have probably about 100 days on them now). The Fiancee rides with Nitro boots that she seems to love (although she can never get the laces quite right).

Looking forward to October! :yahoo:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Same setup as last year :(

Flow infinite with GNU choice bindings.
However, looking to switch out and get new bindings. Just haven't really been happy with the choice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing new for me so far... I'll possibly get a new Virus next season as I've damaged mine pretty good.
The Virus looks like a beast!! Just read your review on it I was so intrigued, I am hoping to add a bombing board to my quiver once I have my missus up to speed but that looks like a lot of board to handle and a little out of my price range. What have you done to it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Setup for this year:

Jussi 159 2008 w/ cartels- cambered for firm/icy days
Antler 157.5 w/cartels- my new board to play on

Excuse the socks but picture of mine and the gf's rack ;)

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
The Virus looks like a beast!! Just read your review on it I was so intrigued, I am hoping to add a bombing board to my quiver once I have my missus up to speed but that looks like a lot of board to handle and a little out of my price range. What have you done to it?
It's actually not tough at all to ride. It's softer than the Burton T7, and the big nose makes it a blast in powder. It was a little weird at first but after that really ridable. You can really lean the thing over if you want to get crazy!

I entered a "big mountain" comptetition and was planning on riding the T7 (since I already had big gouges in it) but then I found out we only got one run to make it through the qualifiers! Plus there was a couple feet of powder, so I figured it'd be safe to ride the Virus. Near the end of my run I came off a jump and landed square on a rock between my heels. Bend the edge of the board up in that section a couple mils, and I think I've damaged the core. I'll keep riding it until it blows up...

I know but she says its too expensive too upgrade and she is happy with what she has got
Now this guy's funny!

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts

Left to right is...

K2 153 Jibpan, was K2 Cinch CTX Bindings, Now FLOW 5's

K2 154 Fastplant, was K2 AutoEver Bindings, Now FLOW 5's

Ride DH2 Flow 5's

For boots i have 3 pairs of Van Auras, 1 pair half size larger for the cold weather and thicker socks, but then we get -20/-30 regularly in Norway and 2 pairs for slush, so i don't have to stress about them drying... ;)

Other equipment that i class essential are

Sweet Grinder, Back protector, chilling days
Forcefield Flight Back/Chest protector for harder days with off piste more aggressive riding.

Sweet Grimnir Mips Helmet... AWESOME helmet i have to say... ;)

Goggles are Oakley Airwaves with choice of using all of there different lens, but i have 4 pairs of Crowbar as well, which are always in the car... ;)

Camera is Contour+2

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
. Near the end of my run I came off a jump and landed square on a rock between my heels. Bend the edge of the board up in that section a couple mils, and I think I've damaged the core. I'll keep riding it until it blows up...
Can't imagine that did wonders for your qualifying time or the board!! I am intrigued by the Virus, odds of finding one to have a go on out here in NZ I would say are slim to none.

Nice Quiver Kevin, the ride looks sweet!!

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Nice Quiver Kevin, the ride looks sweet!!
Not had a chance to ride it this year, was having way to much fun on my others... Got in 30 days of the Jibpan over 75 days on the Fastplant, not as hard as you guys, but i always have fun... ;)

The Ride didn't get back to Norway until after the snow was gone, being i bought it in April in the UK and didn't fly over till 2 weeks ago to collect that and some other toys...

·
The Swiss Miss
7,447 Posts
My lady is the Jones Flagship 158 with Ride Fame bindings and husbands Burton Custom X and NS Raptor 164.

Cause he recently had the plan to learn to handle two planks (telly skies) I was looking for a slightly more playful second option board for the slow days on reds and blues crud n moguls and got a lot of help/input from the guys n gals here :thumbsup: A Ride Farah 153 off the end of season sale is now the telly days backup. Also with Ride Fame bindings. Well, got no set up pic from it...

Boots are K2 Contour.

And the next one to be added next season :yahoo:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn that Jones Flagship is so sexy...if we had pow here in the southeast I'd be all over one of those...
I second that, in fact I love the whole set, guessing by that setup you ride pretty hard and fast Neni? How did you find the ride assuming thats you out on it in the picture?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
My First set up, for Australia, No pow here :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Yea I actually preferred 2012 models black and lime green but couldn't get.

Whats wrong with my board? :giggle:

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Primary deck will be my newly acquired Jake OE Freedom Machine with Salomon Holograms. I also fully plan to add a 51 or a 54 Happy Hour which may or may not get a wildly surprising binding choice... Also, learned I hate canted footbeds. They're rad for 90% of people, for me they put too much pressure on my menisci (plural for meniscus?). I need flat or canting like Autocant.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Primary deck will be my newly acquired Jake OE Freedom Machine with Salomon Holograms. I also fully plan to add a 51 Happy Hour which may or may not get a wildly surprising binding choice...
What made you choose the freedom machine nivek?

1 - 20 of 202 Posts