Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a thread about 2013 boards, but when is 2013 outerwear typically released? I wanted to get a Burton AK jacket this season, but didn't get around to it soon enough and now they're pretty much sold out in every color.

Are these not usually available until Sept/Oct?

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
id like to know too. Even though I found the AK jacket I wanted, i want to get the first choice of AK layers, pants etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Count me in as well. I missed out on the Smurf Plaid Measurement Stagger Jacket but was able to score some True Black Stagger Pants on sale at Sport Chalet for $192. I'm desperately trying to find a worthy jacket for the pants but can't find shit in a Medium. I can find a True Black Stagger jacket but Black/Black is too much. I'm considering the Grayeen but I don't know how that'll look with the black pants.

Ugh.... should have pulled the trigger sooner...

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what I can tell, some shops were advertising the 2012 AK line in June of last year. If that's the case, it would seem like we are only a few months away. Might be worth waiting for the next gen instead of settling for a color I'm not crazy about.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I cant speak on about jackets specifically but I saw a bought some 2013 AK stuff at a sample sale yesterday. He is a pic of a down jacket i bought. If next year's down jackets mimic the color styles of the jackets like this did this year this will give you an idea. I saw a light blue (did care for) dark blue (very cool) red and this olive color.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
This should pretty much answer the thread tittle. I was allowed to go to the section next seasons AK stuff to have a look and buy what I wanted. Since I already have 2 new pairs of AK pants, and a new AK jacket I was more interested in seeing stuff then buying, but I picked up a pair of pants just for the cool factor and price. I wont share what I paid but compared to retail it was stupid cheap. Ill apologize for the shitty pictures, but I wasnt 100% sure if I was allowed to take pics, but thought it was ok since I was allowed to buy what i wanted.

Hover Pants on the Left and Cyclic pants on the right. I loved the hover color, but the blue would have looked like ass next to the dark blue on the zippers on my AK jacket. I wanted it to match and buy them, but just couldnt. The ones on the right I bought and show good examples of a lot of the colors being used (not all the colors) in next years AK line.

close up of the cyclic. Since i bought these ones i could probably take a better picture now they are at home if someone really wants me to.

close up of the Hover pant zipper. Looks like ALL the zippers have gone to this style. Personally I prefer the current year's better, but they changed because they were "too stiff and hard to open and shut".

Jacket colors

Looks like a crap load of windbreakers will be out next year in the AK line

Pink on Army Green?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sassicaia, on the cyclic pants you purchased, are the back of the cuffs reinforced? Picked up some hover pants this year and they got cut up quite a bit with minimal use.

I realize its not a big deal, but after having to sell a kidney to buy them, it sucks to see them deteriorate that quickly. I can't imagine what they will like in a couple years.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
there is no re enforcement on the back of the leg. The only design change I have noticed is the zipper, and they appear to be slightly more baggy in the legs.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is the quality increase significant between the normal burton gore-tex line and the AK gore-tex line? I know AK is their pinnacle...but I cant seem to see any extra features...unless the nylon shell is completely different.

Example: Burton Grill Gore-tex pant (2L construction) vs. the AK Stagger Gore-tex 2L. They're both 2 layer material with gore-tex...fit is similar. AK model retails for $70 more than the grill if im not mistaken.

Just asking for feedback based on what ppl have experienced in their use. I've never used any Burton products so im just curious.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
There are different levels of goretex. I cant speak to what the non AK uses, but the AK uses the top goretex which is Pro shell.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
There are different levels of goretex. I cant speak to what the non AK uses, but the AK uses the top goretex which is Pro shell.
Correct me if I'm wrong but proshell is 3L gore tex, performance shell is 2L gore tex. there are some AK models that are 2L...

Is there a significant difference between 2L gore between ak and non-ak? Anyone whose experienced both can they tell a difference? Both have burton lifetime warranty too

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I got my hands on a complete Burton Soft Goods dealer workbook for all of 2013 clothing etc. It has every product being launched next year in the format similar to above. I can scan some pages if there is interest for something specific.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got my hands on a complete Burton Soft Goods dealer workbook for all of 2013 clothing etc. It has every product being launched next year in the format similar to above. I can scan some pages if there is interest for something specific.
Sassicaia, could you please do a few close-ups of Hover, Stagger & Cyclic range? Cheers. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts