Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking to get a new set of bindings and its between the burton cartels and malvitas. I mainly just freeride on groomers and hardpack. I want something that is responsive and not too flexible, but I also ride 8 hours straight when i board so comfort is a major factor also. What would you guys recomend? Also i have size11 white collection boots that have shrinkage tech so should i go with mediums or larges? Thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have both, cartels felt a little softer, I love my malavitas! So comfy ride from park to groomers, to riding blacks. Their so comfy I forget I'm strapped in, I never have to think about them all day, I usually ride 6-8 hours a day too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok well i think i can get the malavitas new in medium for about $200, but larges i cant really find anywhere other than retail for $260. Would the mediums be so small that its not even worth the $60 savings?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Right.
the first year of Nike boots had very large outsoles and barely fit into bindings. They've since adjusted.

Burton boots in Burton Bindings fit on the high end of our size chart, size for size. Some other brands do too, but that's why our binding size chart says Medium goes from size 8-11 US Mens and Large goes from 10 - 15 US Mens.

That overlap between medium and large is a buffer for the variety of dimensions in the market from other brands.

If you're even in doubt, physically check the fit in a store. Kinda like buying pants.

·
Registered
456 Posts
what about a sz 12 Burton Ambush boot? Medium or Large? i would expect Large but now im wondering...

also, what is the general consensus on stiffness of '13 vita vs '13 cartel??

im hearing/seeing mixed reviews...

I am all mtn freestyle, with emphasis on freestyle...the whole mtn is a park!

vitas or cartels?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Got the exact same boot in size 12.

Demo'd the Cartel in large and Malavitas in medium (no large available). The medium were maxed out and barely fitting and not fun.

I'd go large.

Plus if you ever change boots you'll be safe that the bindings will still fit.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
FWIW, I had a pair of Medium Burton CO2s and while I could fit my size 10 Ions and 10.5 Driver Xs in, I found there was a fair bit of squeezing going on on the sides of the boot. It was enough to make me switch to larges.

Just food for thought.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.