Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Any info would help. Good friend of mine has recently got the itch to learn snowboarding. Has picked up a pair of Burton moto's size 10.5 US. He now has the opportunity to get the 2013 Ride Wild Life 158 on a great deal.

Questions: Its listed as a intermediate/advance board but how would this work out as a beginner board? Considering its flat to rocker profile, I figure be fine. Also....with a 10.5 boot size, should be go with the 158 regular or the 159W?

Thanks!

·
Registered
762 Posts
10.5 on a regular158 would be fine, and it shouldn't be too much board. How much does your buddy weigh and what style of riding is he leaning towards?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He weighs in about about 205lbs. When I look at the charts, he should be alright I think. I weigh 215lbs and ride a 160 with no issues.
In terms or riding style, just looking to cruise/charge on groomers. He's not looking to get into any park or freestyle riding at this point.

·
Registered
762 Posts
He weighs in about about 205lbs. When I look at the charts, he should be alright I think. I weigh 215lbs and ride a 160 with no issues.
In terms or riding style, just looking to cruise/charge on groomers. He's not looking to get into any park or freestyle riding at this point.
I'm about the same size so yeah that board should be fine, plus he won't likely outgrow it as far as ability goes for a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts