Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Custom Flying V tech is staying the same from 2013, but Burton is adding 45 degree Carbon Highlights! Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics, and The 45° fiber angle provides a more aggressive ride.

The hybrid camber and rocker is amazing try it out if you havent yet

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just went through next years catalog. Yeah you are correct. The Antler has the 60 degree but the Flying V Custom has the 45 degree. If they made it stiff I might want to look into that as my back up for better conditions. Have it side by side with my CX

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Oh man.. My personal opinion only of course...

Burton did such a great design for 2012-2013. I'm not sure I care for any of the 2013-2014 designs. The Custom and Custom-X do not look good from the catalog.

Good thing, i'm not in the market for any new boards next year.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Oh man.. My personal opinion only of course...

Burton did such a great design for 2012-2013. I'm not sure I care for any of the 2013-2014 designs. The Custom and Custom-X do not look good from the catalog.

Good thing, i'm not in the market for any new boards next year.
I like the Custom's graphics. Dont like the Custom X's graphics though. Happy I picked up the 2013 Custom X off eBay for $400 brand new

·
Registered
231 Posts
The Custom Flying V tech is staying the same from 2013, but Burton is adding 45 degree Carbon Highlights! Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics, and The 45° fiber angle provides a more aggressive ride.

The hybrid camber and rocker is amazing try it out if you havent yet
So will the 45 degree carbon highlights improve the edge hold and nose/tail chatter the reviews have complained about?

If so will the board become stiffer (I see they still rate it as a 5 for flex in the new catalogue), therefore less fun to play around on and defeating the object of having this alternative to the camber?!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So will the 45 degree carbon highlights improve the edge hold and nose/tail chatter the reviews have complained about?

If so will the board become stiffer (I see they still rate it as a 5 for flex in the new catalogue), therefore less fun to play around on and defeating the object of having this alternative to the camber?!

Yeah supposedly it is going to have less chatter making it quieter. The carbon highlights improve edge control at higher speeds i think. Its suppose to be more of a all-mountain big mountain board, but can be easily transferable to the park.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Last Year, This Year unrelated. How much does the Custom (Flying V and camber) flex. I always thought it was a stiff, kind of like a more aggressive process. Should I want to butter and jib, is the custom not really made for that kind of riding?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.