Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to find one of these near the end of the season to replace my breaking Villain. I could find almost no info on the board so here are my thoughts.

I am an advanced rider, basic tricks, inside and outside of the park, if it snows I ride the meowntain. 205lbs, 6'6", size 14 boot, board is a 158 Wide, camrock twin.

I got to ride it in all conditions from ice, to pow, to spring.

Its a great do it all stick, stable enough but still has a enough torsional flex to keep me happy while buttering and playing around on boxes and rails. Edge hold was solid on the icy days.

This was my first camrock board and I was very happy with the float in z powdair. It kept my weight up on small cliff drops (8ish feet) and really wanted its nose up all the time.

This board is not very fast, extruded base definitely hurts it and it was really slow in the spring.

For all you big footed/heavy riders this is a great board, it has a pretty wide WW and has a much deeper side cut than most boards that come in our sizes. It was noticeably wider at the inserts than my villain. I had to change my binding position to center my boot.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol It actually has a pretty wide stance, wider than my villain, its probably in the 26+ inch neighborhood. I just max out the stance on everything that i ride and deal with it. Beggars can't be choosers...

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
lol It actually has a pretty wide stance, wider than my villain, its probably in the 26+ inch neighborhood. I just max out the stance on everything that i ride and deal with it. Beggars can't be choosers...
I bet you don't even think about that anymore?:eyetwitch:

They all get set up the same.

TT

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya you'er right, I don't. It just takes a few runs to adjust when you switch boards but I typically ride one board for a lot of the season so its not a big deal.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Same shape as the Live right?

I have the '14 Live and it's awesome. Stiffer than the Guerrilla.

The Live goes up to 163cm... so maybe that would be a good lenght for you to kill any terrain.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the live have a sharp up kick right after the binding, or does the camber keep going? If you have a side profile shot that would be amazing.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Does the live have a sharp up kick right after the binding, or does the camber keep going? If you have a side profile shot that would be amazing.
Not sure what you mean by sharp up kick. But camber goes past the bindings, then mellow rocker to the tips. Contact points are like 2mm off the ground, the center like 5mm off the ground.

Side-ish-est photo i have:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't tell from the pic, I will try to upload one where it shows how abrupt the rocker is on mine. It might be normal, this is my first real camrock deck, the rocker is substantially more than my villain.

The 163 is a reg width, 161W is smaller than I want for a pow deck. I am thinking about getting the 163w flow drifter next year for a pow twin. I bought a 160 NS revolver that will probably end up being my daily ride.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a chance to see a live side by side with a guerilla. They definitely have different have different camber profiles. The live has a flatish spot after the camber section before a slight rise while the guerilla has a sharp rocker just after the inserts. Im guessing its similar to the different types of rossi rockers but i don't know that for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts