Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been snowboarding for about 4 years now and I've been riding 5150's Vice for the whole time. I thought it was about time to trade up from this Sports Authority brand and get a board this year. I wanted a sort of all mountain/freestyle board that butters well, can help me learn some jibbing and can carving on some ice(I live on the East Coast). I've been trying get into jibbing, and i guess some simple jumps but I am just starting this Freestyle shenanigans

I've been looking at
Burton Process and/or ProcessV,
Gnu Carbon Credit,
Libtech Skate Banana,
DC Ply

the problem is that, I confess, the graphics this year looks horrible. I had trouble deciding what board I wanted in the first place but they were so bad that I thought of waiting another year.

So I ask you, Is it really worth waiting another winter to try next year or should I be like" oh well" and buy it this year.?

·
Registered
92 Posts
What about finding one of last year's boards on sale? A lot of boards basically just have new graphics, but a lot also have had changes, so double check if you do buy a board from last year expecting a different skin from this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about finding one of last year's boards on sale? A lot of boards basically just have new graphics, but a lot also have had changes, so double check if you do buy a board from last year expecting a different skin from this year.
I thought about that and being the mainstream consumer that I am, how do people think when I show up at my school with last year's board
(Yeah, I snowboard at school)

·
Registered
92 Posts
What you do is not care because you saved a wad of cash and got graphics you like better than the current ones. I'm going to buy a board from last year and plan on using it for three years unless I destroy it in a freak accident. I don't see the point in buying this year if there is no significant difference between the two years.

·
Registered
196 Posts
everything youre asking pretty much answers itself, if you hate the graphics that much either wait or go with a 2013. simple as that

·
Registered
12,613 Posts
I hear drinking bleach makes everything look better. Pour some in your eyes just to be safe too.

Thanks for further proving snowboarding is a fashion show full of fucktards.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
would your buddies even know what yr what board is from.
I vote for a last years model, I just got my daughter a killer Capita and saved over 50%. She doesnt' give a crap, it's new, great board, killer graphic and she loves riding.

Nothing more fashion conscious than a 14 yr old girl.
That's all that needs saying.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
I thought about that and being the mainstream consumer that I am, how do people think when I show up at my school with last year's board
(Yeah, I snowboard at school)
If you snowboard for a school, the school will have performs for companies. That's a discount pricing program.... If they don't then pick a new school because that shit is basic and they are fucking stupid.

If you think it's any kind of big deal showing p with last years deck, your stupid and in it for the wrong reason but fuckit.... Keep spending your money and supporting the sport.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hear drinking bleach makes everything look better. Pour some in your eyes just to be safe too.

Thanks for further proving snowboarding is a fashion show full of fucktards.
I freaking love you BA. You crack my ass up! plenty of truth in those words too! Usually when I see somebody with all brand new gear I assume they probably suck. I'm more impressed by the guy with ripped clothes, duct tape, and frankenbindings drinking pbr and dropping steezy hammers.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So you've been riding a 5150 and were planning to get a shit box board from a big box store and you're worried that a new quality board from last year wont be cool? I'm clearly missing something from this equation

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SOOOO,

I guess I need to dig myself out of this shitstorm.
For the past whatever the hell years I said I was snowboarding. I looked like a skier on a snowboard, suspender and all. So in light of my recent involvment I thought of getting new gear, This started with a jacket then some gloves, a beanie and now a Board.

So that is why I am so worried about the graphics and all those,
"I need maximum Steez" bull-shit.
I don't want to buy all new gear and have it be so-so.

In addition, If you can go back and look at my collection of boards in my original post, Do all the boards seem pretty accurate to what I wanted from them(all mountain/park)? Is there any others I should be looking at?

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
SOOOO,

I guess I need to dig myself out of this shitstorm.
Well, You can try anyway! :dunno: :laugh: :giggle: ;)

...as you have discovered, Snowboarding as "Fashion?" NOT something that gets any respect around here!

What you can (...and should!!) learn from this is,... any of your so called schoolmates or riding buds, that give you any,... O-M-G-a-a-a-wd!!! That gear is S-e-e-w 2012!!!" These are people you probably DON"T want to be riding with! Not if you're in it for the "love of it" and not the fashion!

So that is why I am so worried about the graphics and all those, "I need maximum Steez" bull-shit.
...again, NOT your major concern, (or at least it really shouldn't be!)

....I don't want to buy all new gear and have it be so-so.

....Do all the boards seem pretty accurate to what I wanted from them(all mountain/park)?[/I][/B] Is there any others I should be looking at?
THIS, is where your concern should lie!! Regardlless of any this year/ last year bullshit, or whether or not the Graphics are Tow-Ta-l-l-l-y "B-e-e-Itchin'" or not!! :blink:

You want "Maximum Steeze??" Learn to Ride the Fuck out of whatever equipment you have/get, regardless of the year or Graphics and shred circles around ALL those fashion conscious twits!!

You'll have "Steeze A-Plenty" when you can do that!!!! :thumbsup:

(...and maybe just redeem yourself some here in the process!!) ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
People of the Interwebs Rejoice, I got a great deal on either the Skate banana or Process. That is last years model, (the Process is used). I, in light of the recent comments don't give a shit anymore, so they are roughly the same price now. I was wondering about the "The channel" system how does that work and how well does it work

·
Registered
756 Posts
People of the Interwebs Rejoice, I got a great deal on either the Skate banana or Process. That is last years model, (the Process is used). I, in light of the recent comments don't give a shit anymore, so they are roughly the same price now. I was wondering about the "The channel" system how does that work and how well does it work
The Channel is fine, you just have to pay more for EST bindings. Personally, I prefer the regular setup.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts