Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to give you a heads up that all of my 2014 Ride Men's & Women's Video reviews are up as many of you seemed to enjoy them last year when I posted them up. I decided to upload them all at once this year rather than upload them a few at a time as a thank you for the support.

I'll be getting more videos up in the next week or so; bindings, boots, helmets, outerwear etc... So if you like what you see subscribe to the channel and you'll get alerts.

If you have any questions at all post them up here and I'll do my best to check back daily to answer them.

2014 Men's Boards

2014 Women's Boards

2014 Comparison Videos

Thanks again!

·
Registered
33 Posts
The new ride kink looks really nice.
Sort of capita-style graphics.

Good brief descriptions of the boards.
The only thing that I dislike is how quiet you are compared to everything else. but other than that, nice videos.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good brief descriptions of the boards.
The only thing that I dislike is how quiet you are compared to everything else. but other than that, nice videos.
Yeah, you can barely make out what your saying in the new videos, but he information is good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... Sorry on some of the audio. At SIA this year it seemed like every booth had speakers and they were blasting them as loud as they could, especially at the end of the day. I had a wireless mic... but that background sound in some videos made it difficult and I didn't want to yell.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha Ha... I actually got some feedback from a couple of professionals that the brim of the hat was casting a shadow across my face and that it didn't look good. The only way to fix it was to get some lighting or not to wear a hat. I couldn't really do a lighting setup, so I decided not to wear the caps this year.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally, I think flex ratings are BS... You could have 10 people ride the same board and ask you what they thought the flex was on a 1 to 10 scale and you can get 10 different answers. When they are listed in a catalog they are meant to give you an idea what the flex is compared to other boards in the line.

That being said I would give the Machete GT a slight edge in being a bit softer due to the Lowrize rocker. The Buckwild is a bit more responsive in the nose and tail with more surface area that is on the snow that allows you to really pop off of it compared to the GT.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks for the videos Mr_Tidbit! I have two questions about the Berzerker:

1. Would you recommend it for my riding style? I mostly charge groomers and sidecountry, popping off of rollers, doing some medium sized jumps, and high speed butters. The thing is that I don't like boards that are too stiff and lack playfulness. I know it's kind of an oxymoron wanting a charger that's a bit softer but that's how I like it ;). I've been thinking about the Highlife and I think it will probably be too stiff for me. But I definitely want something that charges through crud and has at least a reasonable amount of dampness. Does the Berzerker fit that description?

2. Did they change anything from the 2012/13 model for upcoming season apart from the graphics?

Thanks for your answers!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the videos Mr_Tidbit! I have two questions about the Berzerker:

1. Would you recommend it for my riding style? I mostly charge groomers and sidecountry, popping off of rollers, doing some medium sized jumps, and high speed butters. The thing is that I don't like boards that are too stiff and lack playfulness. I know it's kind of an oxymoron wanting a charger that's a bit softer but that's how I like it ;). I've been thinking about the Highlife and I think it will probably be too stiff for me. But I definitely want something that charges through crud and has at least a reasonable amount of dampness. Does the Berzerker fit that description?

2. Did they change anything from the 2012/13 model for upcoming season apart from the graphics?

Thanks for your answers!
If you don't like boards that are too stiff, I don't think you'll like the Zerk. On paper I know the Zerk doesn't look like it would be crazy stiff... but Jake Blauvelt actually had Ride base it off the old Concept UL. There is so much tooling in the board that isn't on paper that gives it, it's identity and it is very stiff and responsive.. It's like years ago when the Prophet and Havoc were the stiffest boards in the line and no one had a clue...

The Highlife is just as stiff/responsive as the Zerk, but the UL Core really smooths out that response and it doesn't feel as stiff. But I personally don't think that the HLUL is the right board for you either. FYI - Both the Highlife and Zerk are unchanged for 2014... just an updated graphic.

Based on what you've said, I think you'd love the Buckwild. It has Twin Rocker that is stable and lets you charge. Carbon Array 3 and POProd 2.0 give you pop, but not too much. The placement of the CA3 & POProds keeps the middle of the board slightly softer so you get that playfulness with just enough rocker to get the nose and tail out of the snow when you butter.

The next suggestion would be the new Buck Up. Similar except it has Hybrid Twin, so a micro camber under foot and the POProd 2.0 is replaced with POPwalls. So it's a bit more response in the nose and tail and the overall flex is also slightly stiffer.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks a lot for your answer. Cleared it up very well for me. I'll definitely check out the Buckwild.

Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts