Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a board that can take a beating in the park on boxes and very few rails, but will give me the best outcome when hitting kickers and doing spins. I really want a board with a comfortable landing and stable at fast speeds. Thank you! And is 153 to short for powder if we do it for just a little? Im 5'8 150

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
I want a board that can take a beating in the park on boxes and very few rails, but will give me the best outcome when hitting kickers and doing spins. I really want a board with a comfortable landing and stable at fast speeds. Thank you! And is 153 to short for powder if we do it for just a little? Im 5'8 150
Hey Wyatt,

The Mod Rocker is an incredible choice. It has Kevlar Impact Plates and a SinterCarbon Base, and Rome's deepset edges. This board is built like a tank for hard riding.

It is not a very soft board however. Rome rates it between Powerful and Very Powerful, so to keep it on the playful side of that range go with the 153 at 150 lbs.

STOKED!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I ride a 156 Mod Rocker. I love it - it’s a great park board. Stiffer than most other park boards so it’s a great deck to take all over the mountain as well. Where are you riding? If you’re in the northeast (like I am) this is a really a do-it-all board. Rome will tell you it’s a jump board, and its true. Very stable at higher speed, which is great for takeoffs/landings - washout is very minimal. It spins great. Jibbing/pressing comes secondary with this board but not by much - these are things that can still be done on it. It is rockered so it’ll ride nice in powder - I had a couple powder days on it and it held up real well, had a blast on it.. Keep in mind this board is very light - this aspect surprised me considering how well it holds up at speed. It will get chattery in absolute bulletproof conditions but otherwise it will hold a rail pretty much the same as a cambered deck in anything else.

To contrast, I took it out with me last winter to Big Sky and wish I had something a little bigger and stiffer to handle the harder conditions we were facing.

Bottom line - and this is my opinion - this is an awesome all-around board (with a lean towards park riding) that can handle 95% of what you throw at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts