1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have just purchased my first board the 2014 lib tech skate banana
I am wondering what wax I should use
I believe that it is an extruded base but I see people saying there's no point using hot wax because it doesn't sink in to the base and stay there long
But you also see people saying the same thing about run on wax as well.
I would just like to know what is the actual answer
Lib tech just say to use oneballjay wax but doesn't specify which type
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
wax it with an allround wax like Toko and everything is fine. It´s true that a sintered base needs more care than an extruded one.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Use whatever wax you want. Just get the temperature right. Snowboard/ski wax in preferable.

It is true, and extruded base does not soak up the wax as well. So I wouldn't obsess over it.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Anything but cross country ski wax, it adds grip - bad idea.

Most shops sell bricks of bulk wax, pretty cheap wax, I think red is the general purpose if you don't want to get fancy and tune to the temp.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Anything but cross country ski wax, it adds grip - bad idea.

Most shops sell bricks of bulk wax, pretty cheap wax, I think red is the general purpose if you don't want to get fancy and tune to the temp.

Red is generally Spring warm temp wax. But some manufacturers don't play by that either. So it is best to read the package.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Frankly, it does not really matter - especially what brand wax to use is pretty irrelevant for the OP. A decent all-temperature wax job might help depending on the condition that he rides, but even that might not make much of a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts