Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

any of you have the benefit of being in the know about the forthcoming custom flying V (2014)? I ask because I live in NZ and have the 2013, and the 2014 go on sale next week or so but we don't have the benefit of all the reviews and information you guys have by the time they go on sale in the Northen hemisphere.

How will the 45 degree carbon highlights effect the board? What is the thinking behind adding them to what is meant to be a more fun version of the camber? Surely this will just stiffen it up? Will it improve edge hold? Is anything else beyond graphics changing?

Anybody know of any other good boards that will be available here first that would be worth a demo?

Stoked about the winter season here, snow is falling already!!!! Nearly time to give the surfboards a rest!!!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Carbon highlights? Is this a new hairstyle lol?

If they mean strips of carbon tow then yes it will stiffen up from your binding out to the contact points. Sound responsive to me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carbon highlights? Is this a new hairstyle lol?

If they mean strips of carbon tow then yes it will stiffen up from your binding out to the contact points. Sound responsive to me.
Your guess is as good as mine, hoping they may explain the gear before the demo days so I can get an idea of what is worth trying

1 - 3 of 3 Posts