Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have no idea if there's even time to get this done before Jan-2014. I'm just gauging interest from the women of the forum!

SO: Is there any interest in having a "Women of Snowboardingforum.com" calendar?

The picture choice would be entirely up to the women submitting. Maybe we can use the proceeds to get some SBF.com stickers made up?

I think it'd be cool to have a lot of on snow shots... Either action or posing. Of course if people wanted to submit other cool shots (Karasene and her scars?!? Neni and the horseriding?) for character that would be cool too. Also up for debate would be if you wanted screen names posted, or the calendar to just be anonymous? I like how some of the magazines do it. The photo caption mentions the rider and the photographer, and the location it was taken.

So am I out to lunch? :icon_scratch:

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Pout, I think I gave you a bit of a misunderstanding. Let me say I know a little bit about doing Calendars. They are not cheap to have printed. It should be a web based calendar. Much like the Online Magazine presentations. The whole print them up thing is ridiculous.

Hence you would need a Graphic Designer/Multi Media person.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It should be a web based calendar. Much like the Online Magazine presentations. The whole print them up thing is ridiculous.
K, web based works for me! Funny enough no women have posted to this thread... :dunno:

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
Pout, your enthusiasm is sweet, but... where to begin...? So let's just assume twelve girls would agree. They'd need to have good quality pics ready. You wouldn't want to have smartphone pics (I only remember one awsome pic of Karasane that would have the quality needed for such a project). So the ones that would agree, would need to make some quality shots first. On snow. Long before '14. Well, I'll pass, since our season starts mid December ;) (If you'll buy the ticket to wherever there are already heaps of pow, you can have a on snow riding shot wearing my standard head to board dark colored facemask n goggle ninja suit, but I'm not sure, if it'd be even recognizable that I'm a girl ;))
Next thing, 12 girls active in this forum, ready to have their faces on a calendar? I wouldn't. I'm fine to post the odd pic in a thread, knowing that it'll be burried with time... but after learning that breaches are a buzzword over here I beware of ever post a horseriding pic again :laugh:
How many faces on pics have you seen the last 10 month? I remember 3. Most girls here don't even post riding pics. Of most we hardly know that they are girls. Naw, this won't work. Wrong audience.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Pout, I think I gave you a bit of a misunderstanding. Let me say I know a little bit about doing Calendars. They are not cheap to have printed. It should be a web based calendar. Much like the Online Magazine presentations. The whole print them up thing is ridiculous.

Hence you would need a Graphic Designer/Multi Media person.
I still have the "The beautiful women of Berthoud Pass" 2012 hanging at work. lol :giggle:

·
The Swiss Miss
7,450 Posts
Like I said, SB forum men in yoga pants. Pouts, methinks you can totally pull it off with a flair.
Chaps - for the summer months - are fine as well

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
I still have the "The beautiful women of Berthoud Pass" 2012 hanging at work. lol :giggle:

Oh man that Calendar. I still have a box or two full of em in my gear room. So many mistakes on holidays too. We got our money's worth out of that one...

neni, as I mentioned in another thread, we actually did this. Well the girls and a media designer did it on Snowboard.com. It came out awesome. I think they pulled it off in three or four months. The ladies just went out and did photos with who ever they felt comfortable with. They were great high quality photos. The calendar was slick. I am not saying do it or don't. Just saying it can be done if there is interest. I do miss the days of that site. For awhile there it was just plain awesome.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts