Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded to a pair of L/XL Union Factory bindings and enjoyed them so much I wanted to write a review. I am 6'3" 270 and would consider myself an intermediate rider. My boots are last year's Salomon synapse double boas size 11.5. Below I posted a good overview from The-House. Though I will say House waited a week after I placed my order before they sent me an email to let me know that they were sold out and couldn't fulfill my order and didn't offer me any other deal on something comparable...but I digress. I ended up buying them from EVO.

https://youtu.be/UuJDnkSu_h4

High back: I rode these on groomers, steeps, and pow and am amazed at how responsive they are. The high backs are stiff but supple with ample padding along the inside and upper edge. I honestly couldn't even feel they were there. I ride duck and then used the adjustment to shift the highbacks so they were inline with the back edge of my board. They are a far cry from the old 2x4 stiff high backs on the Rides that would usually give me some calf bite by the end of the day. The quick-adjust forward lean does the job.

Straps: The straps are comfortable and also have the quick adjust option which is nice. I took them apart as soon as I got them out of the box to adjust them for my boots. The Synapse boas are pretty chunky, so I had to move the toe strap out to the the last hole on the L/XL bindings to make it fit around the toes of my 11.5 boots. After several runs these toe straps loosened up a little and I used the quick adjust to move each one down to the second hole from the end. If you are rocking boots bigger then 12, you might just have to use these as a traditional toe strap which would be a shame. I no longer get numb toes! I was very pleased with the comfort and hold of the straps. The ratchets on both straps work well, and even an old 42-year-old guy like me had time to strap in without having to stop or sit down off the lift.

Baseplate: The base plates are light, tough, and easy to install, and I utilized the disks so I could adjust the base plate farther toward the heel edge of the board to cut down on toe drag. I Love the adjustable, canted gas pedal. The whole gas pedal is padded and runs the entire distance of the base plate. It has the ability to slide about an inch forward and then utilizes a screw to hold it tight. The cant allowed me to ride duck. I haven't rode duck in years because I always ended up with a sore knee at the end of the day. Those days are over. I really think the cant helps and isn't just a gimmick.

These bindings are great for charging hard down groomers, chutes and pow. They really gave me confidence in my ability to turn fast and cut hard. They might not be the best option for pipe riders because they are pretty stiff.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi there, do you mind to share some pictures of your bindings with the boots on it?

Thanks =)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Just picked up my second pair. Most versatile binding I've been on. I'll eventually have them on everything from my back country board to my jib stick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pics with my boots and also of the gas pedal adjusted out. Keep in my mind my boots are 11.5 synapse focus boas and these bindings are mounted on a Ride Yukon 168.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have binding over hang? If so are you concerned?

I've got the factories too and love them, I just bought a Bryan Iguchi pro which I will put these two together...but its more narrow than my lib tech so I will have to wait and see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts