Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been a casual beginner level snowboarder most of my life I recently upped my game and bought my first board. I settled on the Arbor Foundation because it seemed like a perfect transition board and what a great choice I made!

It's lightweight, really easy to turn on, and fills you with confidence because the rocker profile prevents you from catching edges. It's really good on powder, very floaty and doesn't leave you with back leg burn, unlike any board I've ever rented. I don't have much experience of carving on different types of boards but I can confidently say that this is not the best for it. Especially on hardened groomers. Although in deeper, fresher snow it carves pretty nicely. One area it really fails, and I'm pretty sure it's due to its rocker profile, is riding at speed on chundery, chopped up snow, when you can't get any purchase and it's nigh impossible to stop in a dignified way. But the sort of slope conditions I'm referring to here are rare and not to be confused with mogul runs, because this board makes moguls fun.

In conclusion, a seriously good, fun board which will take you anywhere on the mountain and really help you progress to intermediate level.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts