Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some opinion or ideas...

I got a pair of 2016 Burton Lexa bindings last year. Initially, I really loved it. It really helped soften the aftershocks while riding. This really reduced my fatigue in the footbeds. I loved the functionality of it, it was easy strap in. However, I am still trying to figure out if I really like it still. I previously had a pair of 32 Exit boots. All season long, I was battling with strapping these in and I realized that the boots ran wide for the bindings itself.

I also had issues with the toe straps sometimes loosening up during my runs. They were torqued down pretty securely before I started riding then it would come loose sometimes or actually even out position itself and sometimes I would actually arrive down to the lift seeing the toe straps slipped off but still buckled. I thought that maybe it was because my straps were too short to be torqued down so I moved the straps a notch up to make the straps longer. It was the same issue so I bought a pair of Nike Zoom Force 1 recently thinking that the toe straps issue would be corrected. It wasn't. So I am asking what is the real issue here? I'm pretty close to swap them out for a different set of bindings.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Maybe look at Rome Madisons or the women's Katanas, I have the male version of both sets and I never had a problem with my toe straps coming off except after a wipe out heh.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Maybe try to fit men toe strap from cartel or Malavita

·
The Swiss Miss
7,413 Posts
Frankenbindings...
Only replace the toe cap (two screws fix them to strap and ratchet; I'd assume you could put any other toe cap which fits your boot there). Or replace the entire toe strap. IIRC, e.g. NOW straps are compatible.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just buy some of the old "get a grip" toe straps. They are the best toe straps ever made, not sure why they changed them.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Just buy some of the old "get a grip" toe straps. They are the best toe straps ever made, not sure why they changed them.
This. Had a gondola attendant ask me where I got mine, he just brought new cartels and loves the binding but hates the toe cap, another customer for fixmybinding.com

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually went and bought the gettagrip ones. They work way better than the redesigned toe caps! I went riding yesterday and I had zero worries about my toe caps slipping off or anything all day. It made a big difference in my riding. I was more confident to charge now. I used to worry about my toe caps and would check on them mid run. That got annoying really fast. With the gettagrip caps... I didn't have to do that. I agree... I don't know why Burton would have changed that design. They probably did to be more modern... this is a huge design flaw imo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure if you already got new boots... I made the mistake of buying 32 boots without trying them on the bindings also. The shop ended up shaving down the sides of the boot - doesn't impact any performance. 32 soles seem to have just a lot of... sole on the sides. Take the boots to a shop and have them shaved down a little. Also, I'm not sure if you are saying the toe strap is sliding off or just not fitting. Sounds like you already solved the problem with AmberLamps suggestion. But I thought the toe straps fitted oddly too until I unscrewed it and readjusted the position. Either way, agree that 32 boots and Burton bindings were not a good combo! (I had both scribe on lexa, both same problems...)

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Sounds like you need to make some adjustments. The ZF1 has the same toe box shape as my gf's Vapens. I ha to set the toe strap up differently on her new 2017 Lexas vs her 2015 Lexas. I had to move the ladder strap to the notch (on underside of base) that is furthest out. Because it's a size 5.5 boot in a Small binding, I then had to move the highback forward to push the entire boot forward. Lastly I had to run the disc with the mounting screws furthest forward, to push the entire binding back and re-center the boot over the board. Hope that makes sense...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure if you already got new boots... I made the mistake of buying 32 boots without trying them on the bindings also. The shop ended up shaving down the sides of the boot - doesn't impact any performance. 32 soles seem to have just a lot of... sole on the sides. Take the boots to a shop and have them shaved down a little. Also, I'm not sure if you are saying the toe strap is sliding off or just not fitting. Sounds like you already solved the problem with AmberLamps suggestion. But I thought the toe straps fitted oddly too until I unscrewed it and readjusted the position. Either way, agree that 32 boots and Burton bindings were not a good combo! (I had both scribe on lexa, both same problems...)
I did get new boots... I got 32 boots in size 5. That is really interesting what you said about soles to have a lot of soles on the sides. I never actually noticed that. I would need to check more into that. I meant like the toe caps would slip off like it didn't have enough grip onto my boot to stay while I do hard charging runs. I got gettagrip toe caps. So far, they work much better than the original ones. No slipping off and it seems to fit better.
Sounds like you need to make some adjustments. The ZF1 has the same toe box shape as my gf's Vapens. I ha to set the toe strap up differently on her new 2017 Lexas vs her 2015 Lexas. I had to move the ladder strap to the notch (on underside of base) that is furthest out. Because it's a size 5.5 boot in a Small binding, I then had to move the highback forward to push the entire boot forward. Lastly I had to run the disc with the mounting screws furthest forward, to push the entire binding back and re-center the boot over the board. Hope that makes sense...
I actually don't use the ZF1 now since I got a new pair of 32 boots. I got size 5 boots and use a Small binding. Currently, my ladder strap is at the hole next to the furthest hole. My highback is set parallel to the board... my forward lean is set at f2. I think my disc is set up the same way as your gf's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts