Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a few people ask me about this specifically, so here were my thoughts on it back from November.

155lbs, goofy 9/-9 21in wide, Flux SF, DC Lynx.

The Westmark has been a staple in the Arbor line for a good few years now, and with how the Coda camber rode (incredible) I had pretty high expectations for the Westmark.

We'll start with System Camber. It drives a little different than either camber or rocker. Similar to rocker at slow speed and with turn initiation, but remains like camber with snap and drive. I found it better to try and really drive the board with the Griptech instead of the traditional contact points, it reacted quicker and felt more like that's how the board wanted to ride.

Snap: Like the Coda this thing has awesome snap. Boost it. It's accessible and predicable too.

Jibbing: It's camber, so you're gonna have to work for presses a little bit. If you're used to bitch pressing your gypsy jib stick, you'll struggle here. Otherwise the huge tips lock in great and stay put till you snap out. Its camber so it locks into nose/tail slides/boardslides great. The use of griptech was great on approaches where you aren't usually looking to use your entire effective edge anyway. Being able to drive the board at my feet for the approach felt very comfortable and in control.

Carving: Grip and rip. As long as you understand this is a mid flex park deck, you'll be throwing whatever kind of turns/carves you can imagine.

Stability: Its a mid flex park deck with camber. Only the gnarliest of chunder is really gonna get it out of composer, smooth and active overall.

Overall: This has to be on the top of anyones list looking for a freestyle killer to hit 80ftrs, nosepress a downbar, rip carves on a groomer, then maybe peek into the trees to finish it off. Best way, if you've ridden Breck it's a phenomenal everyday Breck board.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Would you say the 156 would be good as a dedicated Park stick for a low intermediate progressing park rider weighing 175-185 lbs? Good all around rider, progressing in the park, with more emphasis on small to medium jumps and a bit of jibs mixed in.
Thanks! Size 9 boot Btw.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Between two sizes

Hi, I'm 170lbs 5'11. Usually my park sticks are 153-155, but they've been hybrids or rockers. I was wondering if the Westmark Camber "rides long", because of the blunt tips and the camber. Wanna get a 150, but wondering if it would be too short.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts