Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some early thoughts here. Haven't ridden it enough days, but just got back from Jackson and Targhee, and put it through the trees and rutted up groomers on 8-12 in pow days.

This board was sized down for me. I typically ride a 159 or so, but bought the 155 for the trees. This board is nimble. I was considering the short / fat boards, but decided on the Branch Manager- credit to TheAngrySnowboarder. I wanted this for trees, so the fat board might not have been for me.

Angry nailed it. This board is super surfy and slashy. The nose didn't want to sink. In the afternoon rutted trees with section of 3 foot powder mounds, it was easy to fall out of the back seat, but I call that more user error. I had my back binding set back further, which really gave me a lack of tail. Easy to wheelie out if you weren't careful. So agile edge to edge. Probably the fastest I have ever slashed through trees. Spent most of my morning in the Saratoga bowl through tighter tree sections.

This board handles groomer areas fairly well. By the end of the days I was getting bounced around pretty good, but I would have been bouncing on almost any board after a 8-12 inch day. I wasn't upset with it.

Dampening felt solid - you feel enough of your board, but can absorb some as well. Nice happy medium.

Great board so far. Will have more to report next year.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Grabbed my son the '17 BM 155 for Japan a few months before we flew out.

So being as they are...., a mega image conscious 19 yr old, he initially turned his nose up at it due to the bullet shaped outline that was too upsetting for his youthful mind....., told me I wasted my money and he'd never ride it.

Anyway after a few runs in some awesome knee deep powder:snowboard4: he said, "Dad this board absolutely rips".
I said, "Didn't I tell you this like a thousand times".

Kids.

BM 1.jpg

BM 2.jpg

BM 3.jpg

BM 4.jpg
A few shots of the BM in action.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts