Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once you ride it, you’ll have to buy it…because you’ll never be the same without it. The Juice now features our new Quad Carbon X configuration bringing you more pop and response than any other board. The versatility of Micro Camber coupled with Vario Power Grip Sidecut makes for the most fun, playful, edge-holding trench digger ever created. Of course, the Juice rips through the park, but it also shreds the trees, and tears up the steeps. Let forty years of product innovation drive your ride. It didn't win a Good Wood for nothing!

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Once you ride it, you’ll have to buy it…because you’ll never be the same without it. The Juice now features our new Quad Carbon X configuration bringing you more pop and response than any other board. The versatility of Micro Camber coupled with Vario Power Grip Sidecut makes for the most fun, playful, edge-holding trench digger ever created. Of course, the Juice rips through the park, but it also shreds the trees, and tears up the steeps. Let forty years of product innovation drive your ride. It didn't win a Good Wood for nothing!
Good Wood awards mean next to nothing around here. This advertisement if bull$***, maybe a video of someone riding the board or an actual rider review would be time better spent.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I reserved comment for a good long while but have to chime in now that I've had more time on the board. I wanted to like it because my first board was a Sims. I recently let that first board go and immediately regretted it. I picked up a leftover 156 cm 'The Juice' for a great price back in December to have a Sims board in the quiver again. Sims claim that it's an all-mountain freestyle board.

Verdict: 'The Juice' is great as a park board -- perfect flex (longitudinal and torsional), blunt tip and tail, good edge hold balanced with playfulness, plenty of pop, including when carving. Flatland trickery is fun, and I haven't had such a good time carving on a park board in a while. It can hold absolutely silly carves down the hill in good stuff, and when locked in it feels incredible railing from turn to turn, snapping and often hopping out of/into turns. It can also have a funny, abrupt tip-in onto the edge getting into a carve, surprising you with how tight it *wants* to go, but also being very easily convinced to follow whatever radius you actually want, within reason.

I have Salomon Quantum, Burton Cartel, Rossignol Cuda, Union Force and Union Flite Pro bindings and, believe it or not, I love this board paired with the Flite Pros. I ride 23.5" stance width, +15,-15. I'm 5'8" 175 lbs and the board is a 156 cm.

As an all-mountain board it leaves a bit to be desired in hard/icy and in afternoon choppy leftovers of the same; it bucks/skips, and generally behaves badly. On the hard, macro-choppy stuff it was awful, to the point of me actually listing it for sale because I was so annoyed after a handful of days out with it in those conditions. To the contrary, in soft mixed/mashed or light fresh it's great...none of that is really surprising, in retrospect. I'm glad that I took the ad down and gave it another go, because on good terrain it's ridiculous fun. I'm waiting for another icy/hardpack morning and another afternoon icy chop session to see if the performance in those conditions has improved with break-in time and just more familiarity from more riding time (I'm not holding my breath).

Would I recommend this as a park board? Yes, without hesitation if you like camber. Would I recommend this as an all-mountain board? The jury's still out on the final answer there; I can say that it's a definite 'yes' in good (soft) conditions.

The best way to summarise is this: I had intended to do some carving runs as well as some goofing around, so I brought along my Hot Knife for the carving as well as The Juice, a Prior AMF and an Endeavor Live as my park choices. I started with The Juice, and ended up riding only that board for the next 2.5 hours. It's a keeper, regardless of whether it eventually redeems itself in the hard/icy stuff. I'm glad to see that Sims is back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts