Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
493 Posts
@Craig51 is that a 0 binding angle rear binding and have you tried it +/+

I'm going to try the Surfari +/+ and just wondering if you've played around with the EA?

·
Registered
997 Posts
If I have to slam the bindings back, is it really a good powder board? I hit that crazy storm in Breck in December and they got like 3-4 feet and I didn't have to change anything on the SP from my normal carving setup and I was one of the few people that could float on the really flat stuff. Like any board will be better if you slam the binding back, a good powder board shouldn't require that, IMO, that fucker better carve decent at least 😆

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you fitted Re-Flex to it rather than EST you'd be able to get a lot more setback on the front foot (and consequently to the rear) which would assist it better in powder.
I usually ride it with my Katanas so I could set it back more but the ‘float issue’ with the EA is not the tail to nose surface ratio, that is already very much float-oriented. It’s the full high camber bend reaching the contact points and a short upkick section in the nose. If they wanted to give it more float, they’d need to put some 1-2 cm rocker there and add some length to the nose upkick part.
The Optimistic being centered (no extra setback) on the sidecut is way harder to sink. Actually very hard to do it. That’s how a true powder board should feel imo.
@Craig51 is that a 0 binding angle rear binding and have you tried it +/+

I'm going to try the Surfari +/+ and just wondering if you've played around with the EA?
I’ve been riding the EA with +27/+6. Works great on groomers. But for jumping (where it definitely shines) I prefer +24/-3.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts