Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Now I just need to find the perfect pow board and I can get rid of the others. It needs to float 200lbs and have enough camber and tail to be fun to carve groomers.
I really think you need to try a Nitro Squash. Or even better, Migs Hammerhead.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Buying/selling boards is the only way to do that for some brands, and indeed some markets! Hell, even last night I revisited what potential decks I'd get this season, and the list is STILL too long. It feels like a constant search, even though I AM getting closer.

Oh, and if you ever find that perfect pow board, let me know what it is?
My perfect pow board is also camber dominant and carves hard. There are so many "almost" perfect boards for that I've ridden like the Gnu Mullair, TRice Goldmember, Rome Blur, but they all either lack float or carving prowess. I might be after a unicorn short/fat board that floats 200lbs and carves hard but I'm not sure.

It might be the K2 Overboard I already have but I'm feeling like I either just don't have it set up right for carving groomers, or I'm not used to the shape, or it's just not the right board for me. I love it in powder but I think I need to try it with aggressive double positive angles because on groomers I want more spring out of turns and edge hold on the tail. In any event, it's awesome in powder and plenty good enough to ride groomers to the next pow stash. Buuuuuut I think it could be better.

On my list for next year are the Lib x Lost Rocket, Bataleon Party Wave, Rome Stalefish, Jones Hovercraft, Yes Optimistic, and Nitro Pow. Someone tell me I'm just grasping at straws.

·
Registered
300 Posts
On my list for next year are the Lib x Lost Rocket, Bataleon Party Wave, Rome Stalefish, Jones Hovercraft, Yes Optimistic, and Nitro Pow. Someone tell me I'm just grasping at straws.
I must admit Bataleon's offerings for 2021 (which we'll get shortly here in Aus) look SO good, I just have to keep reminding myself that for me personally, the TBT didn't sit as well as I hoped it would - that's not to say that other people aren't loving the shit out of the Party Wave though!

I'm in the "good pow board that carves well" + "capable freestyle board that is forgiving, accommodating of learning, yet still has the substance to rip all over" camp, as my ideal 2 board quiver. Oh, and despite amazing offerings from overseas, I kinda want both boards to be easily accessible from Aus i.e. don't have to import / available in shops in multiple states (and not just one obscure shop that I can't get to), etc.

This season, my Rome PD MT / Marhar Lumberjack aside, and with no rhyme or reason, I'm eyeing:
  • Jones ME
  • Capita Slush Slasher
  • Yes Basic / Standard / Jackpot / Hybrid / The Y
  • Arbor Element or Westmark Rocker
  • Something set back + directional from Burton, because my experience the last couple of years tells me that Burton is awesome.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I don’t know why I cannot edit the thread and put your links there (message that one cannot edit more than 10 posts in 7 days while I’ve just edited this post). Whatever.

Rossignol:

Some new boards (Juggernaut reviewed by Agnarchy, love this name, too much DOTA) and a general step-up in the graphics imo

·
Registered
300 Posts
Reposting here some catalogs/sneak peaks found elsewhere so far.
Ride:
Oh dang. I've been looking at what bindings I'm gonna get this season (currently only have the Burton Clutches), and decided that I'll open my mind, stop being hard-nosed about one-piece plastic chassis (Burton, K2, Flux etc), decide what I truly want in a binding, and shortlist - even if it's from brands that I'd never have considered, as far as bindings go.

Webby straps (not crucial, but I do like them) + adjustable heelcup (yep - after more than two decades, willing to try out metal heelcups again - I used to crack them a lot) + micro stance adjustment + highback rotation + decent footbed padding (i.e. not non-existent) + uncluttered, simple overall design.... Nitro Team and Rome DOD were the front-runners, but these Ride bindings (I'm thinking the A6) have just edged forward to take the lead.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Since trying the Evil Twin recently I have become a huge Bataleon fan boy. Their 2021 lineup looks stellar with some really nice graphics also.

Looks like they have a new board for those in between youth and adult sizes which was exactly what I was looking at for my 8 year old. 130 and 135 in men’s/youth is tough to find. A 130 matching Evil Twin for my son is gonna make his birthday

·
Registered
300 Posts
Since trying the Evil Twin recently I have become a huge Bataleon fan boy. Their 2021 lineup looks stellar with some really nice graphics also.

Looks like they have a new board for those in between youth and adult sizes which was exactly what I was looking at for my 8 year old. 130 and 135 in men’s/youth is tough to find. A 130 matching Evil Twin for my son is gonna make his birthday
I bought a couple of their decks, a couple of seasons ago - namely, the Global Warmer and the Party Wave.

Whilst TBT didn't quite agree with me (although I suspect that I would take kindly to the Party Wave, had I ridden it with my proper carving stance i.e. +/+ ), I will say this - their boards seem to be incredibly high quality. Very light, well constructed, totally unfazed by a season of being beaten up by someone who's quite a bit above the maximum weight recommendation.

I feel like Bataleon ownership is going to be a great experience for you. (y)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was looking at the new Thunder but the specs make it a difficult board to match up on see below. being 72kg and size 10.5 which is pretty standard there doesn't look a good match-up here when trying to get a waist width around 255

The camel two is one that I'm looking at and The Carver looks a great board but with only one size it might be a bit stiff for me at low 70's.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am I the same boat as you, but I am 6’0 210lbs size 11.5 US so the 159s for me are 256mm wide so I squeak in. they do have a few wide options which I believe all are 266 as I remember. What size do you ride?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am I the same boat as you, but I am 6’0 210lbs size 11.5 US so the 159s for me are 256mm wide so I squeak in. they do have a few wide options which I believe all are 266 as I remember. What size do you ride?
Was riding a Rome National 158 - 256 waist and Capita Horrorscope 157 - 258 waist but now I just have the K2 Party Platter 147 which is 262 so i am looking for a second board now to pair with the PP. I'm looking at the Yup and pretty close to putting the order in but just trying to work out the shipping to Australia. Otherwise I'm going to look at the usual suspects around the Bataleon, Jones, Yes and Endeavour ranges available here.

·
Registered
222 Posts
A party platter and a yup would make a very fun oriented quiver!
I've been worrying about that and whether I should be looking towards something with a bigger gap between the boards but I have no interest in any serious park time, maybe a box/rail here and there passing through and no real interest in a serious bombing, brake neck straight line high speed riding. The Jones Stratos is another board I'm thinking about, Endeavour Archetype (not experienced or ride enough for this I reckon) or maybe BOD another and a couple of Yes/Bataleon boards but I always find myself coming back to the Yup. Trouble is it's a hassle trying to get one here in Aus and I'm just waiting to hear back from Signal regarding shipping.

There's also a new 157.5 one that @ridethecliche linked me to on ebay and he's happy to ship to Australia DHL but I'm a little concerned as it's his first ebay listing, located Colorado but don't want to do my dough so just doing some due dilligence.

But it is all about fun right :p

·
Registered
300 Posts
There's also a new 157.5 one that @ridethecliche linked me to on ebay and he's happy to ship to Australia DHL but I'm a little concerned as it's his first ebay listing, located Colorado but don't want to do my dough so just doing some due dilligence.

But it is all about fun right :p
First ebay listing might mean that he doesn't have access to the best prices. I'd expect to pay $150usd+ for shipping alone (at least that is what it cost me to get my Lumberjack into the country). Then you've got the exchange rate. By the time it all adds up, I'd wonder if the Yup is really going to be better than anything you can get locally (not super-specific to your hunt, but e.g. Stratos, Archetype, Ravine, Yes Hybrid, Skeleton Key/Flight Attendant, First Call/Sickstick, Warpig etc).

Don't get me wrong, I love my LJ, but it also cost me $1200 to bring into the country. I had to have faith that the board would be well built and free from defects (which thankfully, it is) - otherwise any warranty exercises wouldn't be worth it, given the cost to get the board back overseas to the vendor.

Food for though, that's all :)

·
-Weekend Warrior-
3,521 Posts
When do reviews on the new line of boards start dropping typically? Mid year?
Agnarchy Snowboarding has a bunch for 2021. Here are the commentary/previews for the brands and each brand has links to the reviews.

·
-Weekend Warrior-
3,521 Posts
I don’t know why I cannot edit the thread and put your links there (message that one cannot edit more than 10 posts in 7 days while I’ve just edited this post). Whatever.

Rossignol:

Some new boards (Juggernaut reviewed by Agnarchy, love this name, too much DOTA) and a general step-up in the graphics imo
Here's that Juggernaut review; 2021 Rossignol Juggernaut

·
Registered
300 Posts
Agnarchy Snowboarding has a bunch for 2021. Here are the commentary/previews for the brands and each brand has links to the reviews.

Nice previews - thanks! Ugh. Next year's LJ... making me want to spend another $1200

Just rode the Party Wave +, Camel Too, and Thunder. Every one of them did not disappoint.
Without nagging you for a review, Party Wave + over Party Wave?

41 - 60 of 93 Posts