Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
First ebay listing might mean that he doesn't have access to the best prices. I'd expect to pay $150usd+ for shipping alone (at least that is what it cost me to get my Lumberjack into the country). Then you've got the exchange rate. By the time it all adds up, I'd wonder if the Yup is really going to be better than anything you can get locally (not super-specific to your hunt, but e.g. Stratos, Archetype, Ravine, Yes Hybrid, Skeleton Key/Flight Attendant, First Call/Sickstick, Warpig etc).

Don't get me wrong, I love my LJ, but it also cost me $1200 to bring into the country. I had to have faith that the board would be well built and free from defects (which thankfully, it is) - otherwise any warranty exercises wouldn't be worth it, given the cost to get the board back overseas to the vendor.

Food for though, that's all :)
Yeah and exactly what I'm weighing up right now, I can get the Yup landed at my door for around $750 AUD which is pretty good. Some of those boards in the Bataleon line-up that BA mentions I've also been looking at but they'll be around $900 for the 2021. Ravine is one I've looked at and could get around $700 2020, Stratos is close to $900 or more I thought also.
Like the idea of having something not readily available but does bring it's risks and at a cost.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just looked ok the 2021 Jones Mountain Twin and it says new shape, 3d base, and progressive side cut? Is this similar to 3bt possibly with the same side cut?

·
Registered
928 Posts
@NT.Thunder
There are a lot of fun boards out there. The yup is just one thats had a bunch of great reviews over the last few years especially since it's the reimagining of the branch manager which is Billy Andersons creation.

I don't think it's a similar board to the ravine for many reasons. But again, if access is going to be expensive then there are a ton of fun directional boards that come to mind the party platter and simple pleasures included. It's a solid board but if it's going to be a headache to get your hands on I wouldn't stress about it too much unless there's an easier way to arrange it getting to you.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Melbourne Snowboards just got 2021 Burton Boards listed. You better sit down for the price Aussies???
Hm, that's not so bad - about what I'd have expected, really. And holy moly , Burton! The Fish 3D, FT Pow Wrench, and FT Big Gulp look fcking tempting - as a tip of the hat to what NT and I were discussing earlier, I'd have to seriously consider one of these, vs. spending an extra 25% on top, to bring something in from overseas.

I told myself I'll only buy new bindings this year, but damn I'm liking the look of the Big Gulp (plus, Burton is awesome).

$2200 for the Burton Skeleton Key, surely that's a mistake?
Yeah that's the Mystery construction Skeleton Key. I loved my SK (should have got the 162 though, so I sold my 158 after enjoying it), and would totally fork out for the SK Mystery - the pre-requisite would be that I have roof racks on top of a Porsche 911 GT2 RSMR to put it on, first.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah that's the Mystery construction Skeleton Key. I loved my SK (should have got the 162 though, so I sold my 158 after enjoying it), and would totally fork out for the SK Mystery - the pre-requisite would be that I have roof racks on top of a Porsche 911 GT2 RSMR to put it on, first.
To park underground in your own Chalet down at Falls Creek or Thredbo with your hot 18 year old supermodel girlfriend.

You may not get much boarding done this trip???

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hmmm. My good man, your post has prompted further exploration in my mind.... I'm thinking:
-- My limited (sticking to green and blue runs due to a bad back) experience at Hotham, would have me choose Falls, between the two. I love the cat tracks (super wide, can get party-carvy on 'em all day), the parks are good for wannabees like me, and the "freeride" runs are nice and open. << this is TBC, after this coming season, as further analysis of Hotham is required.
-- The RSMR might be a bit nasty to drive up, mid season -- Perhaps VW Caravelle or Merc V Class, specced the way I would (VW Caravelle TDV10 / Merc V63AMG-S)
---- RE: the partner to go into the GT2 RS MR -- this is my THIRD edit of this post, haha. As a wannabee psychologist, I elect to avoid this topic, due to the thoughts of my ideal partner being too vast for the bandwidth of this forum. Let's just say she'd be a human being who'd enjoy: this forum, snow sports, being outdoors vs. shopping malls, my decent amateur cooking, and most importantly - applauds my farts and can crank one right back at me. :love:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good find! Been hoping to see some early releases pop up on the B site too...

Did you find any info about the Cartel X??
Nothing unfortunately...site only shows the standard picture w/ various colourways. More interested in seeing what the inside of the highback looks like!

·
Registered
897 Posts
A lot of 2021 stuff on this site (Korean) which I stumbled across trying to find more info on the Burton Cartel X - happy scrolling

Also...souped up Atlas?
Cartel X apparently has the heel hammock that the Malavita has. Can't find any pics though.

The souped up Atlas is one of four different new Atlas models - Atlas, Atlas Kaju, Atlas Evo, & Atlas FC. That Evo model is said to include beefier highbacks and ankle straps, as well as forged carbon footbeds.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Cartel X apparently has the heel hammock that the Malavita has. Can't find any pics though.
View attachment 153292

The souped up Atlas is one of four different new Atlas models - Atlas, Atlas Kaju, Atlas Evo, & Atlas FC. That Evo model is said to include beefier highbacks and ankle straps, as well as forged carbon footbeds.
It's not the same. The Heel Hammock is what the Malavita has. It's a rubberized section at the bottom of the highback to hold the heel of your boot in place. The Genesis has the Kickback Hammock.

·
Registered
897 Posts
It's not the same. The Heel Hammock is what the Malavita has. It's a rubberized section at the bottom of the highback to hold the heel of your boot in place. The Genesis has the Kickback Hammock.
I know what it is lol and that's what I said? In the image which is the details for the Custom X, it says it has heel hammock under Hi-back. Haven't seen a pic of it though. Have you?

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I know what it is lol and that's what I said? In the image which is the details for the Custom X, it says it has heel hammock under Hi-back. Haven't seen a pic of it though. Have you?
Holy cow I'm going crazy. Sorry. Final day of quarantine, hopefully. I read it as genesis. I'm sure I've seen a photo somewhere. I'll check.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts