Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I know what it is lol and that's what I said? In the image which is the details for the Custom X, it says it has heel hammock under Hi-back. Haven't seen a pic of it though. Have you?

Here's the link to the entire 2021 Gear Preview over at Evo:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Damn that's a good looking binding. I'm in the market for adjustable (so, metal) heelcup/chassis bindings with micro stance width adjust, this (potentially non-existent) season -- I want good centering on board, as well as being able to adjust stance width in 1/2cm increments (arch, ankle issues, getting on in age) - without having to necessarily go to Burton on Endeavour for boards.

I wish Burton would hybridise ReFlex with something like different durometer urethane discs, chassis could remain the same (or extend the number of teeth by a few both toeside and heelside), with rigid glass or metal at e.g. four points around the disc (say, for 4 teeth each point, points located at 2 4 8 and 10 on a clock face), so as to enjoy the flexibility of ReFlex (but without the pain of a plastic chassis wearing away at urethane on the underside teeth of the disc, at YOUR preferred stances), but allowing for more holes to be drilled sideways, so as to enjoy the benefits of micro-adjustable stance width as well.

I've had a couple of longneck beers. That seems like a good idea to me right now.

·
Registered
897 Posts

Here's the link to the entire 2021 Gear Preview over at Evo:

That's a better picture than their official product pic but still doesn't show the inside of the highback, the heel hammock itself. I guess the yellow part at the bottom is it.

Who am I kidding. They had me at Cartel X. Been collecting special edition Cartels so this will do nicely as a new addition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My perfect pow board is also camber dominant and carves hard. There are so many "almost" perfect boards for that I've ridden like the Gnu Mullair, TRice Goldmember, Rome Blur, but they all either lack float or carving prowess. I might be after a unicorn short/fat board that floats 200lbs and carves hard but I'm not sure.

It might be the K2 Overboard I already have but I'm feeling like I either just don't have it set up right for carving groomers, or I'm not used to the shape, or it's just not the right board for me. I love it in powder but I think I need to try it with aggressive double positive angles because on groomers I want more spring out of turns and edge hold on the tail. In any event, it's awesome in powder and plenty good enough to ride groomers to the next pow stash. Buuuuuut I think it could be better.

On my list for next year are the Lib x Lost Rocket, Bataleon Party Wave, Rome Stalefish, Jones Hovercraft, Yes Optimistic, and Nitro Pow. Someone tell me I'm just grasping at straws.
why isn't the archetype on your radar?
or you've ridden one and didn't like?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just rode the Party Wave +, Camel Too, and Thunder. Every one of them did not disappoint.
The thunder looks so sick. Had some of my favourite pow days on an Omni which was a great board and is now gone so I guess this is the replacement. Super temping.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Shall I get the Genesis X on discount or wait until next year for the Cartel X for my Endeavor Archetype?

·
Registered
634 Posts
BTW - check Nitro Highlander next year. It will have Amplid’s Antiphase.
What!? I thought that was proprietary to Amplid. They must have been swallowed up by Nidecker too. I didn't know that. I love the Antiphase in my Pentaquark. Antiphase really works, and it would be super sweet to see it in way more boards.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
What!? I thought that was proprietary to Amplid. They must have been swallowed up by Nidecker too. I didn't know that. I love the Antiphase in my Pentaquark. Antiphase really works, and it would be super sweet to see it in way more boards.
Co-lab imo. Amplid’s Mutant binding is a licensed Nitro Machine with different straps. Now they license the Antiphase to Nitro probably.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts