Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick one, looking at pulling the trigger on a K2 Party Platter 147 or 152 and one of the online stores has the below deck marked LTD in the Blue graphic on the left - I can't see this graphic listed on any sites or K2 catalogue or any details on it so just seeing if anyone can confirm that this is the same spec as the traditional black licorice allsort graphic pack below? Is it a limited edition graphic and that's it?

Listed at $550 AUD delivered which is as cheap as I've seen it anywhere but also really want to make sure it's the exact same spec as the 2020.

I'm looking for a fun board to ride all over the mountain with my daughter who is just getting into skiing - I'm 178cm 72kgs and 28.3cm foot (Mondo 285/US10.5) - from those ridden or riding this board would you suggest the 147 or 152. This will be my only board for a while.

Also, what bindings are people using that match up well.

Cheers

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dont know anything about that blue version.
I have a 147 at 84kgs and a size 11US and that works well. As my only board I would want the 152.
You should get the 147 for your specs.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Get the limited. I wanted it so bad but I couldn’t find one. Honestly I’d wait for the 2021 to drop in a few weeks. It’s awesome looking.

I don’t know KG and I’m not going to convert it but I’m 175 LBS and size 8 boots on a 147. I use the board for hangin out drinkin in the back of an el camino...aka riding with my wife. It’s good for that.

I use my katanas on everything but if I were to buy a new binding I’d look around for last years Union teams in the sand color way.

·
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get the limited. I wanted it so bad but I couldn’t find one. Honestly I’d wait for the 2021 to drop in a few weeks. It’s awesome looking.

I don’t know KG and I’m not going to convert it but I’m 175 LBS and size 8 boots on a 147. I use the board for hangin out drinkin in the back of an el camino...aka riding with my wife. It’s good for that.

I use my katanas on everything but if I were to buy a new binding I’d look around for last years Union teams in the sand color way.
Cheers, yeah I’m around 170 lbs.

I did get some feedback from the store who said it was a limited edition pre-Xmas release with the retro colour but specs the same.
I saw the K2 catalogue for this seasons release and board specs again look exactly the same so will probably grab this one at $500 AUD ($350 USD) compared to new price being probably $850 AUD ($580 USD)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Party Platter is a solid choice, and those graphics look sick! Sounds like a win to me.

I have a K2 mean bean- a limited edition of the cool bean. It's the same as a regular cool bean, it just looks meaner. The sidewall says "eat the magical fruit". Love that board.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Lol l
Party Platter is a solid choice, and those graphics look sick! Sounds like a win to me.

I have a K2 mean bean- a limited edition of the cool bean. It's the same as a regular cool bean, it just looks meaner. The sidewall says "eat the magical fruit". Love that board.
Lol please post a pic

·
Registered
855 Posts
It's up on the hill now, but I'll snap a pic when I'm up there next. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it. I was on the fence about the bean, but I felt like that deck was made special just for me lol.

·
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Happy new snowboard day!!

Thanks @Wiredsport for the boot sizing, was a little nervous buying without trying but grabbed a set of Ride Lasso 285 and the fit is great.

Wasn't sure whether I'd like th elTD colourway either but much nicer then what it looks like online.

Yeeewwwww, bring on NZ July 2020 or a sneaky late back to Japan.

20200212_153600.jpg

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts