Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,
I'm new to this site, looking for opinions regarding the 2021 Ride Warpig. A bit about myself, as teen I skateboarded, snowboarded for many years and then dropped it for almost 10 years (life got in the way). About 4 years ago I got my son into snowboarding and got the itch again. At the time I bought a DC Focus 149cm (I am 5'6" 165-170 pounds). The board is alright, it was great to "ease" myself back into snowboarding as its a very forgiving board. I am looking for a directional twin as I never ride switch. I wouldn't consider myself an expert but not a beginner either. A very solid intermediate rider. I am now looking to upgrade my riding experience and hopefully my last board.

I am out east and the hills we have around here are all hardpack, groomers often with icy patches. I no longer venture into the parks, back country or wooded areas, Yes, "I am boring" (with back issues). I simply love the ride and surfing at a reasonable pace and enjoying being outdoors watching my son learn this amazing sport.

Is the warpig for me? or should I look at different boards? If so, what do you suggest?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Check out Rome Blur. Forum members praised this board pretty high for everything it can handle. The Sierra site has some Rome blur on sale so you might want to check it out before they run out. I ride the Warpig 154 and love it but i've been riding for 11 years and i consider myself an advanced rider. I'm not saying that the Warpig is not for you but if you do get one, 151 would be better, also check out the superpig.

Reactions: CG_drummer

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I am looking for a directional twin as I never ride switch.
Why bother with a directional twin either? I'd go fully directional if I were you. Many directional boards ride switch well enough if you only do it every so often, and they offer much greater performance going forwards. I'd look at something like the Nidecker Area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Absolutely love the Warpig, but there is certainly a learning curve to really get the most out of it. I wouldn’t call it “forgiving” until you have a sense of how to handle it, then it absolutely rips.

If you’re a solid intermediate I’d say you could definitely enjoy the board and grow into it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hmm no camber so not the best for icy hardpack. Maybe the yes y or hybrid? Both have edge tech for the ice, directional and forgiving but you could get a lot out of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your answers! Its a huge help. The only thing that worries me about the Warpig is that its "very" different from my current board, there may be a learning curve and its less forgiving. I'd prefer a catch free board that is an upgrade from what my board is classified as a Beginner\Intermediate board.

How do you guys feel about these boards?

• Lib Tech T.Rice Orca C2X
  • Burton Family Tree 3D daily driver

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why bother with a directional twin either? I'd go fully directional if I were you. Many directional boards ride switch well enough if you only do it every so often, and they offer much greater performance going forwards. I'd look at something like the Nidecker Area.
Looks great, but they don't seem to have my size in stock.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My opinion doesn't mean much, but I suggest you look at the Arbor coda camber. It's forgiving while still camber, and the grip tech performs well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts